Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Me again..I suspect after the editor got all the clips in the right order synced to the correct partion of the music, he or sh muted all the clips and then added the song on the music line.
The last few seconds of the Jackson video gives us a clue. All the models(singers) were videotaped in front of the same white background. The camera angle and distance were all the same. Most likey they each lipsynced the entire song. The skillful editor then edited each clip down to 2 to 4 seconds and then assembled them in order on the timeline. A fade trasition may have helped with a slight smoothing of each transition.

At least is what I think I'm seeing. Hope it helps.
This is Collecctor50 again. An update.
I have finished the show using the split audio technique in my previous posting. Now when I preview the last few minutes and the show ends there is about 40 seconds of audio that has been picked up from somewhere downstream, nothing on any of the tracks and the tracking bar stopped at the end of the last slide. Go figure.
Using clips from a Panasonic HD camera in AVCHD format(.MTS) I am able to place clips and edit them including sound up to 17 or 18 minutes of a show. Everything up to that time works perfectly. However, after 17 or 18 minutes, the sound from the same or additional clips will not preview or output to a DVD. I can edit the clip and the sound will be there. I can split the audio out to the voice track and the sound will be there but will not preview or be in a generated show if I keep it in the clip. The sound from those clips will however be in a generated show only if it comes from the voice track. Since I like to overlay music on both the voice and music tracks having to place clip audio on the voice track is really not a good option. What's up?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm runnuing PD Ultra build 2206, have tons of speed, memory, and disk space.
Thanks Brady. This kind of help doesn't get any better than this. Much appreciated.

I think I'll just have to invest in a burner and give it all a try.

Note, I also am in Springfield, IL. (Small world)
I am using a Panasonic AVCHD Hi-def camera(AG-HSC1UP). It has created a hi-def file with a .MTS file designation. I am able to download to my XP PC with no problem.
When I open the file in PD it states" you are about to convert the AVCHD file to a MPEG-2 file for editing". That seems to work fine. I can move it to the time line just as I would a .mod file. I can also create a regular DVD with that clip.
1st ?. Does the conversion to MEP-2 discard the hi-def attributes of my original file?

If I say "no" to the conversion the file remains as a MTS file but I can't move it to the time line? I do not have a blu-ray burner yet and would like to be assured that if I do, that I can use my AVCHD hi-def files, edit them and create an output Blu-ray DVD.

I'm confused as to what is going on with the conversion. Straighten me out with the details of the hi-def process.

Thx
Go to: