Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is probably not you want, but Google "vocal remover" and you will find a number of software packages (and even a web site) designed to remove the main vocal from a [i]song[/i] for karaoke purposes. You cannot selectively remove one voice from several voices, but you can diminish the main vocal substantially. Again, it's for songs.
I view multi-trim as kind of a pre-processing step. I use multi-trim to sequentially go through all my footage and cut out the obvious garbage prior to doing "real" editing. After using multi-trim, my clean footage is on the timeline and I render that to create a file that is ready to apply the creative decisions involved in editing.

You can do the same thing, perhaps faster and with the benefit of the secondary display, by using the timeline and the split and delete key, as the other users pointed out. In multi-trim there is no secondary display.

I suppose it's just a bit of a different mindset. In multi-trim you are in a little world where you can only do cuts and nothing else. It's just a mental thing that some may find useful.

The MP3 files I place on my PD10 timeline sound distorted, so I convert them to wave files, which work fine.
I did try the K.I.S.S. II template, and it's a great basic template, but ultimately it was Richard's suggestion about DVD-Lab that provided the solution. I used DVD-Lab to create the DVD menu I wanted. The cost of DVD-Lab may put off some people, especially if you only need to create one or two special menus, but there is quite a bit of flexibility to that software, and it looks like if you can imagine it, you can create it with DVD-Lab.

Thanks Tony.

It's personally reassuring to know it's not my abilities but a limitation of the software, and that others have encountered this problem before. If the software will not be changed, I would recommend that Cyberlink explicitly define the root/scenes/chapter (only) structure in their documentation. A simple documentation call-out that other menu structures are not possible would have saved me (and apparently others) a lot of time.

I downloaded a trial copy of PowerProducer to see if the menu creation function offers more options that PowerDirector. It does not. It's a different beast intended for a bit of a different audience.

Hi,

Is it possible to create a single-screen two choice menu in Menu Designer? The menu would simply display "Video One Title" and "Video Two Title" and nothing else. Clicking on each choice would play the respective video and return to the menu screen. That's it. No need for additional chapter/title/scene/sock color/subtitle menus or any navigation buttons.

Menu Designer and the templates seem to force a layered menu system with navigation buttons, with each video on a separate page. I may be missing something - I was successful at creating and editing my video, but now I'm stumped. I add my two videos to "Import additional videos" and 'Play' and 'Scenes' are displayed. I would like two different 'Play's and 'Scenes' deleted. Suggestions please?

Thanks for the link to Adrian's solution. It worked. Wave Editor installed nicely after following the instructions.
I have the same problem, can't get Wave Editor to install on Windows 64 Pro. As with the previous user, the installation says it is installing the Wave Editor, and no error messages are displayed, but the Wave Editor is not installed anywhere.

I have used the cleaner tool to reinstall PD10 over the existing installation.

I also used the cleaner tools to specifically remove Wave Editor and PhotoNow.

I tried to get around this problem by installing the Wave Editor separately from the installation disc. However, the program won't allow this.
Go to: