Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor will NOT install with Cyberlink Power DIrector 10
MikeRadio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2012 16:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I saw some people had this issue with Director 9 (which was fine for me), However, after installing and uninstalling I can not for the life of me get Powerr Director 110 to install Wave Editor when it goes through the install process.

I have windows media player. It is the default media player. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Can someone help me at all? I checked the windows features as someone requested and Media Player is on...

I just need to get the latest Cyberlink to install. It says installing when it goes thrrough the install process but does not install. All other areas of Director 10 are fine.

Thanks for ANYONE with help.

Mike
MikeRadio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2012 16:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have received no help on this issue. Can I please get a refund?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,
Did you use the Cleaner tools for Wave Editor?

Sticky posts:
PD10: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20744.page

Bookmark posts:
Wave Editor: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20744.page

To apply for a refund you need to contact CyberLink.

For CyberLink Online support: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Give the Cleaner tools a try they might work.

Dafydd

Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem, can't get Wave Editor to install on Windows 64 Pro. As with the previous user, the installation says it is installing the Wave Editor, and no error messages are displayed, but the Wave Editor is not installed anywhere.

I have used the cleaner tool to reinstall PD10 over the existing installation.

I also used the cleaner tools to specifically remove Wave Editor and PhotoNow.

I tried to get around this problem by installing the Wave Editor separately from the installation disc. However, the program won't allow this.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob,

Please read a members solution: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14387.page

Dafydd
Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the link to Adrian's solution. It worked. Wave Editor installed nicely after following the instructions.
Kurren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2012 12:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
All I did was go to "Start",
"Control Panel",
"Ad or Remove Programs",
"Add a Program",
"Set Program Access an Defaults",
open "Custom",
and under "Choose a Default Media Player" choose "Windows Media Player" and make sure the box to the right that says "Enable Access to this Program" is checked.
After that run the setup for Wave Editor and it should work.
If you don't see Windows Media Player under choose default media player you need to install it.
[Post New]
Thank you for the information. I had to remove and re-install Power Director 10 today, it installed fine but not Wave Editor.

I set Windows Media Player to the default player as you suggested Kurren, but it didn't work. When I try to install Wave Editor this is the message I get a message that states " the setup will perform an upgrade of" and shows 3 odd characters, "Do you want to continue?"

Then it says there is an error applying transforms and asks to verify that the specified transforms are valid and gives the path
D:\PDIR\WVEditor\1033.mst

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
[Post New]
I just wrote to Cyberlink support on the matter. At the least I hope they can provide a link to download
Wave Editor from their site.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
moved to another thread

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2014 14:16