Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gosh...can't believe the quick response I'm getting. I read Michael's post and thought how nice of him to offer to do a "how to" and then I read your post Tony and....there it was. I have dual monitors setup so in the morning I'll display your instructions while walking thru with my test footage. Again, thanks everybody for your time in helping me get this sorted out.
Happy Easter !
Thank you So Much Michael. I have downloaded so I can study it. Since I've never done a project in PD before I need to "digest" what you've done. If you get a chance to walk me quickly thru it verbally...that would be great; otherwise, I'll take a look at this in the morning and may shout back with any questions.

Tks again :
I'm just now taking the time to go thru tutorials and learning how to use this program but have a wedding in 2 weeks and would like to try editing in Power Director. Will have footage from 2 cameras and would like to A/B roll or insert edit. Previously years I've used the Macrosystem's Casablanca Kron for editing which was a stand-alone editing system and just now trying to shift to PC Based. Any suggestions or directions would be greatly appreciated

Barb

Thanks Rob, I will check it out but since I already have this Program, I'm hoping there's a way and someone can help me figure it out. Thanks again!
I just spent about an hour searching the forum for answers and never did find what I was looking for. This program has been very hard for me to learn and I actually started off just trying to author my dvd's. Previously I've used a standalone editor MacroSystems Casablanca Kron (rather old system now) for editing and then imported via firewire into PCxp and used Ulead DVD Workshop AC-3 to author menus, which was as snap to customize (again an really old program).

Okay...now I upgraded to PC based with a i7-950 quad-core@3.07 GHZ, 64-bit system, 10gig of RAM, with 2 HD's, 1.5TB & 500GIG both 7200rpm with a Nvidia GTX-55ti Diplay card and running Windows 7 Professional. Not sure what all that means but I needed FAST and I got it. I also researched and decided on Power Director 10 for editing. Since I do have a small business, I've not had the time yet to edit with PD but still importing to my pc for authoring and just can't seem to get the figure out how to total "customize". Sorry this is so lengthy but here's what I'm wanting to do.

Most of my projects will be one of two templates:
1. I need a Title Page (which you call MENU (root) that will have a "play" and a "scenes" button. This main page should stay showing on the screen until someone chooses one of the buttons. Also would like ability to rename "scenes" name. If you choose "Scenes" it goes to that page and there I usually just have thumbnails of the chapters to choose from.
maybe 2, maybe 10,,,,depending on content. I know how to import background but not sure how to get rid of other "image" that's on the template (ie...template 2). Also if I want my Scenes Page to have just a colored background, how would I do that?
I also like to select the thumbnail to play it or select the little (home symbol) to return to Main page but I'm not able to delete the navigation buttons that are on the template. I've been minimizing and sliding off the view area to "make it work" but then the finished dvd doesn't show which thumbnail you're choosing.

2. Second scenario..... I have one MENU page only but I have all my buttons (thumbnails) on this one page, when you select it, it starts from that point and plays.

I really appreciate any input/direction you can give me in making the above happen or point me in the direction of resources. I actually have spent HOURS trying different things and reading the user pdf but still can't get what I'm wanting to do. To actually get a project done, I'm reverting back to saving mpeg file to usb drive, importing into laptop and using my old program to do my menus. I've got a couple weeks downtime now before I really get busy so my concentration now is to learn this program...starting with the authoring. Thanks!

Barb
North Carolina
Thanks for the answer back Fred B
Okay, I ordered my full version but did not download it right then. When I received their e-mail confirmation, I used the link they submitted and downloaded...then installed... All I'm still getting is the trial version. Your choices are buy now (and go back to website to order again)..or try trial.....I don't see anywhere to plug in my Activation Number PLUS someone else on the board told me to download whole version to get everything...... What am I doing wrong here?
Any help out there? I've been editing on a stand-along system (the MacroSystems, Casablanca Kron all these years so going to a PC and editing is a whole new ballgame...and frustrating.

Tks
Barb
Thanks kindly.....I'll download it now.

I downloaded trial version of Power Director and actually started working on a project forgetting about the watermark. I have just purchased the full version (but have not downloaded yet). Is there a way to activate the trial version so I can keep my project minus the watermark??? Or do I need to download my full version first?

Can anyone help here?

Barb
Go to: