Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A Newbie & Needing help in customizing menu's and chapters in PD 10
Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I just spent about an hour searching the forum for answers and never did find what I was looking for. This program has been very hard for me to learn and I actually started off just trying to author my dvd's. Previously I've used a standalone editor MacroSystems Casablanca Kron (rather old system now) for editing and then imported via firewire into PCxp and used Ulead DVD Workshop AC-3 to author menus, which was as snap to customize (again an really old program).

Okay...now I upgraded to PC based with a i7-950 quad-core@3.07 GHZ, 64-bit system, 10gig of RAM, with 2 HD's, 1.5TB & 500GIG both 7200rpm with a Nvidia GTX-55ti Diplay card and running Windows 7 Professional. Not sure what all that means but I needed FAST and I got it. I also researched and decided on Power Director 10 for editing. Since I do have a small business, I've not had the time yet to edit with PD but still importing to my pc for authoring and just can't seem to get the figure out how to total "customize". Sorry this is so lengthy but here's what I'm wanting to do.

Most of my projects will be one of two templates:
1. I need a Title Page (which you call MENU (root) that will have a "play" and a "scenes" button. This main page should stay showing on the screen until someone chooses one of the buttons. Also would like ability to rename "scenes" name. If you choose "Scenes" it goes to that page and there I usually just have thumbnails of the chapters to choose from.
maybe 2, maybe 10,,,,depending on content. I know how to import background but not sure how to get rid of other "image" that's on the template (ie...template 2). Also if I want my Scenes Page to have just a colored background, how would I do that?
I also like to select the thumbnail to play it or select the little (home symbol) to return to Main page but I'm not able to delete the navigation buttons that are on the template. I've been minimizing and sliding off the view area to "make it work" but then the finished dvd doesn't show which thumbnail you're choosing.

2. Second scenario..... I have one MENU page only but I have all my buttons (thumbnails) on this one page, when you select it, it starts from that point and plays.

I really appreciate any input/direction you can give me in making the above happen or point me in the direction of resources. I actually have spent HOURS trying different things and reading the user pdf but still can't get what I'm wanting to do. To actually get a project done, I'm reverting back to saving mpeg file to usb drive, importing into laptop and using my old program to do my menus. I've got a couple weeks downtime now before I really get busy so my concentration now is to learn this program...starting with the authoring. Thanks!

Barb
North Carolina Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Rob1492 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2012 00:52 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
You may need to look to other products to accomplish your task. Another user pointed me to DVD-Lab by Mediachance, and that worked for me. They offer a 30 day trial.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21410.page
Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Rob, I will check it out but since I already have this Program, I'm hoping there's a way and someone can help me figure it out. Thanks again! Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe