Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I activate trial version with my newly purchased activation #
Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded trial version of Power Director and actually started working on a project forgetting about the watermark. I have just purchased the full version (but have not downloaded yet). Is there a way to activate the trial version so I can keep my project minus the watermark??? Or do I need to download my full version first?

Can anyone help here?

Barb
Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I downloaded trial version of Power Director and actually started working on a project forgetting about the watermark. I have just purchased the full version (but have not downloaded yet). Is there a way to activate the trial version so I can keep my project minus the watermark??? Or do I need to download my full version first?

Can anyone help here?

Barb

It is possible, but you don't want to.

The trial version is not the full version.

The full version has more 'stuff', more menu templates, more transitions, more PIP objects. and the ability to do H.264 videos.

You do need to download the Full version first.
And the content pack.

No worry, the new full version can open your current project.
You will not lose anything, you will gain so much more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2011 19:47

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks kindly.....I'll download it now.

Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, I ordered my full version but did not download it right then. When I received their e-mail confirmation, I used the link they submitted and downloaded...then installed... All I'm still getting is the trial version. Your choices are buy now (and go back to website to order again)..or try trial.....I don't see anywhere to plug in my Activation Number PLUS someone else on the board told me to download whole version to get everything...... What am I doing wrong here?
Any help out there? I've been editing on a stand-along system (the MacroSystems, Casablanca Kron all these years so going to a PC and editing is a whole new ballgame...and frustrating.

Tks
Barb
Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
[Post New]
The confirmation email should have links to obtain the full downloads. Download those files and use them. You can not "activate" the trial version.

You should REMOVE/UNINSTALL the trial completely. Reboot and install the downloaded version files. THEN put in the activation key (you should be prompted on first opening the NEW program).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 29. 2011 22:47

Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the answer back Fred B Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
[Post New]
If you worry about losing the project, you can PACK it from within the TRIAL and save it somewhere else, then UNPACK it once you have installed the new Software.

Any produced files WILL contain the watermark and it may even remain in the projects created but I have seen others (in prior versions) referring to a way to remove it. Not sure if that works in PD10, or if you have to make the project again.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If you worry about losing the project, you can PACK it from within the TRIAL and save it somewhere else, then UNPACK it once you have installed the new Software.

Any produced files WILL contain the watermark and it may even remain in the projects created but I have seen others (in prior versions) referring to a way to remove it. Not sure if that works in PD10, or if you have to make the project again.

If Cyberlink is still doing the same thing as the PD9 trial, the watermark is easy to remove. In a paid PD you just split at first 5 seconds of the video and remove the 5 seconds.

I had the forethought to add a 5 second color board in the trial version before I produced.
Which is easy to cut off with a paid version.

Edit spelling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2011 17:57

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.