Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well, I'd simply like to report that subtitles are not working in 3D video mode (they do work in 3D Blu-ray, of course).
As soon as you switch to 3D, the subtitles are gone.
Michael: I'd disregard the SBS thing for the time being. Come to think about it, it's probably PowerDVD failing to autodetect the video as a SBS source and probably trying to make a 2D-3D conversion. In any case, I'll try to diagnose it whenever I come across the issue again.

Rune Rum: I appreciate your willingness to help, but I have no problems watching SBS. I could as well copy the video on a USB stick and do without PowerDVD altogether. In any case, PowerDVD works fine 90% of the time. The point here is to get PowerDVD to work right. But thanks anyway.
Yes, with 3D Vision enabled in the control panel (the top checkbox), PowerDVD works fine with both the nVidia 3D Vision and all three HDMI 1.4 modes.

However, if you disable 3D Vision, it all stops working, including the HDMI 1.4 modes, which one would expect to remain unaffected.

On a side note, (I don't know if I should report it here or open a new topic), I often have a problem where, when watching SBS 3D videos, when I enable 3D PowerDVD switches the TV to 3D mode, but I still see the SBS picture, IE both halves of the image don't get unified into 3D.

Getting out of this situation is a hit 'n miss. Sometimes getting out of and back into 3D mode fixes it. Sometimes I have to stop the playback and resume, and sometimes I need to restart PowerDVD altogether.
Unfortunately, I can't indicate exactly how to reproduce the issue.
I have the same scenario as you and yes, an audio delay setting would be greatly appreciated.
Well, basically what the title says.
Even having selected HDMI 1.4 as the 3D format, if I disable 3D in the nVidia control panel, whenever I try to enable 3D in PowerDVD, it says "media or device don't support this format" or something to that effect.
Go to: