Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Feature suggestion] Delay audio track
jarroyo1982 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2011 14:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello again to Cyberlink team.

My version of PowerDVD is 7 (bundled with my LG HD-DVD + BluRay drive), so I'm sorry if this feature is available in current versions of PowerDVD.

This is why I would like to suggest to delay audio track:

In my HTPC (I'm still mounting it) I use a 42" TV as monitor. You probably know that actual TVs have a lot of image processing... dynamic contrast, trumotion, 600 Hz, and other stuff. That takes a little time to the internal CPU of the TV to process data before displaying the image.

I use an audio amplifier that is NOT the TV itself. The audio amplifier is faster than the TV image processing, so it outputs the audio to the speakers with a 1/4 second of advance.

It's really disgusting to, for example, hear a character talking without any kind of lip-synch between audio and video... or to hear a gun shot before the gun has been phisically shooted by a character...

I hope you may find in this problem a way to make your software a little better.

Regards,
tHE uKER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2011 21:14 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same scenario as you and yes, an audio delay setting would be greatly appreciated.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

thanks for the valuable input on PowerDVD - I have forwarded your suggestions to our planning team - please understand that I can not make any promise if or when such feature would be phased-in but you can be sure that we carefully investigate your suggestions

BTW - most amplifiers offer a offset setting for audio already - please check if your models have such setting available.

greetings
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 03:17

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
jarroyo1982 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2011 14:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello and thank you Michael.

Most amplifiers allow to delay audio, yes, but mine does not. In fact, my amplifier is a simple six-channel amplifier of the low cost Creative Labs series. No money for a better one! ;.

Regards,