Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am running both versions on my computer with not too many problems. One thing I have noticed is that SmartSound music options are completely blank in 9. It's fine in 11 though. Sorry I can't help you with your computer specs. I will say this though, if 11 is running fine on your current set up, no crashes etc..., then I wouldn't worry about it. On my notebook I always get a message saying that the CPU is working overtime, but I haven't really had any problems because of that though.
Good luck!!
MULLY
As I understand it Cyberlink has a one download per computer policy. I would say the best course of action would be to contact Cyberlink directly and see what they can do for you. I've always found their customer service to be top notch. Good luck. I hope you can get this worked out.
MULLY
Thank you for the quick reply, David.

Quote: Hi,
On what are you viewing your video?

Windows Media Player and then DivX player to double check.

Is it the finished rendered video and what did you select to produce it - list your selections please?

Yeah, the finished, rendered video is the one I'm having problems with. It looks fine in the preview, of course at lower quality.

Have you applied the latest 2930 patch for PD9?

This I have not. I will step forward with that after finishing here. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Please provide screenshots of what you're seeing/viewing and of your selections in PD9.

Unfortunately the frustration of working on something so long, sitting through an hour of rendering and then seeing a pile of dung prompted me to toss the video into the trash. Sorry, no screen shots for this one. If the same thing happens again I'll definitely do that though.

There are a number of Mp4 selections and you haven't mentioned which one. Mpeg4 (name) also can relate to other file extensions, please specify your selections clearly and which and what you're referring to.

This is where I'll look like a complete idiot. When I went into the produce section it has the blocks up top (.AVI, .WMV, etc....) I just clicked mpeg4 without choosing any other types. That's how I had been doing it on my previous computer so I figured that's all I needed to do.

I'm not familiar with a Mac. I would hope you have a powerful enough unit and have uptodate GPU drivers etc. Please supply the Mac equivalent to a diagnostic file.

This iMac is the latest one. 2.8ghz quadcore processor, 1TB HD, 8gb RAM. She's got more than enough muscle as far as I can tell. Also, the PD9 is installed on Windows 7, just that the iMac machine is running the Windows. According to what everyone told me I'm running Windows 100% here.

Thanks again for the quick reply. I will get that patch and check the mpeg4 options.
MULLY
Hi, guys. I believe this is my first post on the forum but I've been a user of PD9 since November of last year. Here is my problem, the first one I've had actually...

I just bought an iMac a few weeks back. It has a 1TB HD so, not being fond of iMovie and Final Cut Express, I partitioned 300GB and installed Windows 7 via Bootcamp. This allows me to keep my beloved PD9. Well, on this new beast of mine, after rendering, the video comes out real sloppy looking. I don't even know how to put it into words, almost like wet film looking. Choppy, grainy etc... On my old computer I would upload directly to YouTube. If my video was more than 15 minutes I would render to mpeg4 then upload myself from the YT uploader. I openly admit that even after 8 months I'm still new to video editing. Do I need to download codec packs or what?

Sorry to bore you, but a little more info, just in case...

I shoot my videos with a Canon ivis HF M32, I believe it's Vixia in America, I'm in Japan. I also shoot with my iPhone. With the Canon I shoot everything at 1080 full HD.

I hope there is enough info to get a solid response to this. Any information you guys or gals could pass on to me would be greatly appreciated. I love my PD9 and I want it to work for me on this new beast of mine.
Thank you in advance,
MULLY

Also, this was a direct install of Windows 7 from the disc so there is no extra software attached to it like there would be if you were to buy a PC from say Fujitsu, Dell, etc... This is what makes me think there may be something that needs to be downloaded/installed.
Go to: