Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All of my produced video is rendered in yuv 420. Does powerdirector support rendering in yuv 422 or yuv 444?

Just want to improve the quality of my video rendering.
Quote Thanks for the information, all.

Laptop crashed again last night - after rendering all day and getting to about 90% done! yell

So going to try splitting the project up and using SVRT.

Time to render in desktop, more cpu cores is better, ssd drive, 8gb ram, decent video card and you will be 😀.

No matter what software you will use to render, laptop rendering is slow as turtle compared to desktop.
Its fixed now. I use DDU, display driver uninstaller, clean all previous driver installed, both amd and nvidia.

Did a clean install of 391.24, enable opencl accelererated preview and its stable.

Very 😀 with the result, now I've got a working opencl accelerated preview, nvenc HA encode on h264 and h265. This is fun. Thank you guys for all the help. 😀
Looks like your video card is working well, since you have low cpu usage? On produce did you enable Hardware accelleration?
What is your video card? AMD or Nvidia?

On my setup, 1hr mixed video and still images, to 1080p, 50mbps, MP4, h264 is about 40-45 mins, with HA enabled. My cpu is high at around 80-95%, gpu engine is low at 10-30%, using GT 730, on old cuda driver.

I tried some older video card driver, 384.94 and 382.05, both crash PD15. I think I can forego using opencl on the timeline
preview, since my realtime HD preview is fine, no issue on the effects and transitions. Though my cpu usage is definitely higher compared to my cpu usage with opencl preview was enabled.
I have GTX 1050, installed the latest nvidia driver 397.31, open PD15, import one project, it open'
successfully, then seconds later, bamm PD15 crash. Crash file shows "nvopencl.dll" as the offending program.

I tried "unchecking" in preference, "use opencl to speedup timeline preview", the problem was fixed
and preview works. Produce to h.264 and h.265 with HA enabled, works and stable.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Maybe I should use an older version of nvopencl.dll?
The one that was installed from the old driver/cuda 337.88.

Anyone who have encountered this issue? Those who are using nvenc based nvidia driver, can you check
your preference/"use opencl" if you enable this option and timeline preview works? PD is stable?
Most likely I will upgrade to AMD, 100$ range video card, maybe RX 560, when price will be back to MSRP. Both nvidia and amd cards are crazy high this time. Thanks for sharing some insight.
Mine is the ddr5 version, GK208, I assume, this card is kepler, part of newer cards.

When I use the latest driver, encoding hardware acceleration is not available in PD15, that is why I install latest driver but I remove the new nvenc driver, then I put the old cuda driver.And HA is enabled in PD.

So I realize theres no advantage of upgrading to an nvidia video card, or upgrading to PD16, if my existing PD15 or PD16 is written for cuda and not in new nvenc.

I am planning on upgrading to AMD RX560. But no one can confirm if this is the best route, my concern is, if I am going to upgrade to AMD to avoid this cuda and nvenc issue but PD15 or PD16 is written less for AMD support.
In my test rig, I dont have hardware enabled or greyed out. Not sure if its my video card or powerdirector is not supporting the new nvidia cuda, aka nvenc.

If this is the case, when will powerdirector support nvenc?

Or its better to upgrade to AMD RX560 video card? But not sure if PD is written more support on nvidia GPU or more AMD opengl.
Quote Produce that same 10 min. video in h.264 and you may find cpu rendering take less than 10 minutes.

CPU rendering took 28mins, so its slower than gpu at h.264.

So I recheck my rendering settings on h.265 and notice that I checked quality rendering instead of speed on the default profile.

Using default profile, 1080p,11mpbs, speed rendering, a 10mins video was rendered in 30mins and the file size is 800Mb vs close to 2Gb in h264. Wow!

The only issue is, if PD15 or newer PD16 is not supporting the new cuda aka nvenc hardware acceleration, to speedup hevc encoding.
Produce a 10mins h265 video, 1080p, no hardware acceleration, shows 1 to 2hrs. While the same project, rendered to h264 mp4 with acceleration,only took 13mins.

Why h.265 rendering is so slow in PD15?Why such a huge difference
in rendering time?
Can you check the bios if its possible to boot with the nvidia card? If you are booting from nvidia, search google or this forum with dual display issue with video rendering software. The idea is to run the app using the 2nd video card.
Quote Yes. Nvidia does not support mpeg-2 for Hardware encoding. You can get answers to all your previous question too by doing a search as I and others have answered all of them.

What about AMD video cards, does it support mpeg2 hardware encoding? If yes, can you provide any model. I am planning to upgrade to an AMD video card if it can support mpeg2 hardware accelerated encoding.
Does PD 15 support hardware acceleration on mpeg2? I can use HA on h.264 MP4 but no HA on mpeg2. I am using nvidia video card.
Quote The maximum value is 200.
If you edit the effect (select object - Effect), then in the lower right corner is the button "Keyframe".
There you can keyframe the effect up to 200. So if you choose 50, then the effect is just up to 50.

Hatti

Adjustment is fine, I can adjust to any values I want. But can I set this new value as my default value?

My purpose is to have all of my images with zoom in effect of 50 width/height ratio. I tried to copy on one image the keyframe attribute, then paste to multiple images. This process works, if the images have the same resolution. It will break if its not.

The marker <> of the keyframe will end up somewhere on the middle for some of the images, and its hard to spot
among hundred of images.

I think I will just use copy and paste keyframe properties for now.
Yes, its the FX zoom in effect.

I am talking about still image, keyframe, zoom in effect, width and height ratio. There is a slider for width and height ratio.
The default maximum setting is 114. I would like to set it to a much lower value. Say 50. How can I do this.?

Is there any registry setting where I can change the default value?
Is there a way to change the zoom in effect default ratio? I would like to have a slower zoom, the
default is 114, I would like to set it to a lower value.

I can do this image by image, keyframe by keyframe, but I am editing hundreds of images, so
its hard to do it one by one.

I could do a copy of the keyframe, and paste to multiple picture at once, the problem is, some pictures dont have the same resolution, so others are fine but on other images, zoom movement is erratic.

Is there any settings somewhere or a registery key I can change?

Or is there a way that I can copy an existing zoom in effect, then on my custom effect set its zoom ratio as lower value.
I am in a process of creating a dvd menu. I set some chapters, combination of video and still images. But when a dvd menu template is applied, the small frame (dvd menu) for the chapter contains cropped video or image. Outer portion were cut.

I would like the chapter images fit into the small "prebuilt" chapter frame. Is this something I can tweak? some settings
I have to enable?
Go to: