Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey guys,

Just got PD 11 installed last night (upgraded from PD 6).

When you first open PD, it loads some preloaded sample video clips into the workspace. With PD 6, I would choose to start a "new project", it would ask me if I wanted to keep what was in the workspace (sample videos), and I'd say "no" and it would clear everything out and be ready for me to import my own video.

However...with PD 11, when I click on "new project" it just kind of flickers and then all the preloaded sample videos stay in the work space...it's not a super big deal, since I just delete them from the workspace, but it is an inconvenience.

Is there something I'm missing, or have set wrong? Anybody experienced this? I sure hope this explanation makes sense.

Greg
Hey guys,

Been using my JVC everio for about 6 years, and editing with Power Director for about that long...last upgrade was PD 6....has worked fine. However, I just purchased a Sony HDR-PJ260V...so, I'm ready to move into the world of HD...will be uploading to Youtube and making ocassional DVD's.

Will PD 11 be compatible with my new Sony camera? Do I have to jump right to 11 or 10 still available...just been so long since I've upgraded, I want to make sure I have what is compatible, but don't want to a completely new learning curve.

Thanks for all and any imput you guys can give.

Greg
Quote: The HDR-PJ260V camera outputs MPEG AVC/H.264 format files.

You did not say what version of Powerdirector you are using,
I think PowerDirector 8 ultra will handle the HD files from this camera OK.

I have PD 6...I'm thinking I'm just going to need to upgrade to the newest Power Director version...any input is welcome. Thanks!

Greg
I have used several versions of PD over the years with my JVC Everio, but it is time to upgrade cameras...I am considering a Sony HDR-PJ260V. Will my power director import the hd files from the Sony (I know my version has HD compatibility settings, but didn't know if there was anything proprietary like with the JVC cameras).

Sidebar complaint...only reason I'm still using an older version of PowerDirector is that I found that projects created in older versions would not open in new versions of PD...thus, I just never upgraded again so I could still open and re-edit old projects.

Thanks for any input.

Greg
Hey guys...

I'm wanting to start experimenting with chroma key a bit to do a couple of things with my video...I'm probably just going to get my backdrop from a fabric store or the craft dept. at Walmart...what color is the easiest to work with or what should I get....

If interested in my Cyberlink produced vids...here's a link:

http://youtube.com/scdigger

Thanks,

Greg
Hey guys,

I'm using PD6 and I'm trying to create an opening title with a black background, but all I'm able to do is get the title to play over the video...how do I have a title page with black (or any color) background, and THEN it transitions to video. This is easy in WMM, but can't figure it out in PD6...thanks for any input in advance.

Greg
Go to: