Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Video Camera...upgrading Power Director???
[Post New]
Hey guys,

Been using my JVC everio for about 6 years, and editing with Power Director for about that long...last upgrade was PD 6....has worked fine. However, I just purchased a Sony HDR-PJ260V...so, I'm ready to move into the world of HD...will be uploading to Youtube and making ocassional DVD's.

Will PD 11 be compatible with my new Sony camera? Do I have to jump right to 11 or 10 still available...just been so long since I've upgraded, I want to make sure I have what is compatible, but don't want to a completely new learning curve.

Thanks for all and any imput you guys can give.

Greg
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
PD has evolved immensely since V6 and will have no problems utilizing your files. But...and it's a big but, the weak link is always the computer. HD files are FULL of information and a computer that uses SD files with no issues may very well choke using HD.
Add to the actual files any titles, music special FX, man there's a lot to go wrong.
Please follow this link and provide for us PART B, as an attachment.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
No personal info is in the file you create.
As for the learning curve, there's no way around it, but that is why you'll find so much help here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2012 14:37

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT