Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Workspace doesn't clear when I start a "new project"...
[Post New]
Hey guys,

Just got PD 11 installed last night (upgraded from PD 6).

When you first open PD, it loads some preloaded sample video clips into the workspace. With PD 6, I would choose to start a "new project", it would ask me if I wanted to keep what was in the workspace (sample videos), and I'd say "no" and it would clear everything out and be ready for me to import my own video.

However...with PD 11, when I click on "new project" it just kind of flickers and then all the preloaded sample videos stay in the work space...it's not a super big deal, since I just delete them from the workspace, but it is an inconvenience.

Is there something I'm missing, or have set wrong? Anybody experienced this? I sure hope this explanation makes sense.

Greg
[Post New]
UNCHECK "Automatically load Sample Images" (see attached)

Edit - Cap'n Kevin - "Echo...echo"
[Thumb - uncheck.jpg]
 Filename
uncheck.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
161 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2012 10:44

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey guys,

Just got PD 11 installed last night (upgraded from PD 6).

When you first open PD, it loads some preloaded sample video clips into the workspace. With PD 6, I would choose to start a "new project", it would ask me if I wanted to keep what was in the workspace (sample videos), and I'd say "no" and it would clear everything out and be ready for me to import my own video.

However...with PD 11, when I click on "new project" it just kind of flickers and then all the preloaded sample videos stay in the work space...it's not a super big deal, since I just delete them from the workspace, but it is an inconvenience.

Is there something I'm missing, or have set wrong? Anybody experienced this? I sure hope this explanation makes sense.

Greg

Would it help if the "Sample Images" were not loaded each time you open Power Director 11? If so, you could change your preference settings. Just a thought. Sometimes the Sample images are helpful and other times you don't want to see them every time. This is a way to shut them off.

EDIT: You very quick Fred!!
[Thumb - preferences.PNG]
 Filename
preferences.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
371 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
124 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2012 10:40

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
You can also delete them from the Program Folder!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
or replace them with any of your commonly used images or special tool images like custom grid lines etc.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Most of us keep them so when someone is having a problem we tell them to use the nature clip and then we follow what they did to see if we can duplicate the issue. AND most of us have added a few of our favorite clips/pics to use when we are trying to figure something out for ourselves.

Like everyone said, just check "don't load sample clips at start-up"... its that simple. No reason to go into the sample folder and delete them. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link