Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I use Project Fi and have a Pixel 2 XL phone. That gets me unlimited high resolution storage in the Google cloud and I have it set up so any videos and photos I take are automaticly loaded to my account in the cloud and deleted from the local device so as not to clutter up storage on the device. I generally work at the highest resolution. It's a real pain and waste of bandwidth (I know, who cares anymore?) to have to download these files from the Google Cloud and upload them again to the Cyberlink cloud. It's obvious that the ability to talk to cloud space is built into Cyberlink products. Is the inability for customers to link to other Cloud services just a way to sell Cyberlink cloud?

maker
Quote Hi Moshe -

Aren't your photos already on your PC? or an external hard drive? or have you uploaded from other devices?

No - PDR cannot browse media stored online, like Google Photos. It can browse & import from your PC & connected drives & devices.

If you are going to download them, I hope they were uploaded at full resolution. There's a significant difference between 5472x3648 (original) and Google's scaled down upload of 690x420. For video work (or most things really) it's best to use full resolution images.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

I use Project Fi and have a Pixel 2 XL phone. That gets me unlimited high resolution storage in the Google cloud and I have it set up so any videos and photos I take are automaticly loaded to my account in the cloud and deleted from the local device. It's a real pain and waste of bandwidth (I know, who cares anymore?) to have to download these files and upload them again to the Cyberlink cloud. It's obvious that the ability to talk to cloud space is built into Cyberlink products. Is the inability for customers to link to other Cloud services just a way to sell Cyberlink cloud?

maker
Go to: