Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Google Photos integration
MosheT123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2018 14:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is there a way to import / browse in my google photos library direcly from the PowerDirector? Or I just need to download it to my pc and then import to power director?

Thanks,
Moshe
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Moshe -

Aren't your photos already on your PC? or an external hard drive? or have you uploaded from other devices?

No - PDR cannot browse media stored online, like Google Photos. It can browse & import from your PC & connected drives & devices.

If you are going to download them, I hope they were uploaded at full resolution. There's a significant difference between 5472x3648 (original) and Google's scaled down upload of 690x420. For video work (or most things really) it's best to use full resolution images.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MosheT123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2018 14:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the quick answer.

1. I have my photos in my drive, but not everywhere.

2. There is an extream option to filter photos by person, place, tag that I cannot do in my local files.

3. I uploaded my photos in High Res not full resolution, my main sources are photos and not videos so the resolution is high enought I hope it is enough.
    According to google:

"High qualityUnlimited free storage.Photos are compressed to save space. If a photo is larger than 16MP, it will be resized to 16MP.You can print good quality 16MP photos in sizes up to 24 inches x 16 inches.Videos higher than 1080p will be resized to high-definition 1080p. A video with 1080p or less will look close to the original."
https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?hl=en
makerofmobiles
Newbie Location: Pa. USA Joined: Jan 15, 2018 21:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Moshe -

Aren't your photos already on your PC? or an external hard drive? or have you uploaded from other devices?

No - PDR cannot browse media stored online, like Google Photos. It can browse & import from your PC & connected drives & devices.

If you are going to download them, I hope they were uploaded at full resolution. There's a significant difference between 5472x3648 (original) and Google's scaled down upload of 690x420. For video work (or most things really) it's best to use full resolution images.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

I use Project Fi and have a Pixel 2 XL phone. That gets me unlimited high resolution storage in the Google cloud and I have it set up so any videos and photos I take are automaticly loaded to my account in the cloud and deleted from the local device. It's a real pain and waste of bandwidth (I know, who cares anymore?) to have to download these files and upload them again to the Cyberlink cloud. It's obvious that the ability to talk to cloud space is built into Cyberlink products. Is the inability for customers to link to other Cloud services just a way to sell Cyberlink cloud?

maker