Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Google Photos Integration
makerofmobiles
Newbie Location: Pa. USA Joined: Jan 15, 2018 21:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I use Project Fi and have a Pixel 2 XL phone. That gets me unlimited high resolution storage in the Google cloud and I have it set up so any videos and photos I take are automaticly loaded to my account in the cloud and deleted from the local device so as not to clutter up storage on the device. I generally work at the highest resolution. It's a real pain and waste of bandwidth (I know, who cares anymore?) to have to download these files from the Google Cloud and upload them again to the Cyberlink cloud. It's obvious that the ability to talk to cloud space is built into Cyberlink products. Is the inability for customers to link to other Cloud services just a way to sell Cyberlink cloud?

maker
[Post New]
Hello makerofmobiles,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

There is no integration between Google Photos & CyberLink Cloud, just as there's none between other cloud services. Since PhotoDirector can only import photos/videos from local sources or CL Cloud, that would require you to:

1. use photos/videos that you have available on your PC, external drives or SD cards

2. upload them to CL Cloud

My own circumstance make cloud access only occasionally necessary, so I modify practice to suit. I can certainly see how your "wish" would make life easier for you.

PIX PIX YouTube channel