Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The same round-trip feature is there for PhD, but they've changed the access a bit in the latest 365 version. Now it's available from the Tools menu after selecting the image on PD's timeline:

Thanks I have been looking for that. I get to color director and audio director by right clicking on the clip. That was where it made sense to me, and I just never found the correct pull down menu. They move this stuff around way too much ha ha.
I love the integration between PowerDirector and AudioDirector - but I cannot find a way to use PhotoDirector as seamlessly. Am I missing something simple?

I have to open PhotoDirector, make a new project, manipulate the photo, save it, then manually import it to PowerDirector. This is why I still use Photoshop for images. It is so much simpler and fewer steps. I would never have paid for PhotoDirector but since it is included in my 365 subscription it seems wasteful not to use it.

Is there a means to integrate PhotoDirector & PowerDirector, like we have for AudioDirector? There really should be... 😎

~Edit~ I know there is a File/Export to PowerDirector button but it has never sent the photo file to anywhere that I can find it, and certainly never imported into the open video project.
Quote The Summer sale ends 6.9., so expect it being announced on 7.9. already. I just hope they keep the ability to buy their SW. They have already made it rudicuosly expensive to buy (no Director Suite option other than subscription), so I upgrade every 2 years. The day they remove the option to buy the SW, that's day I am done with Cyberlink.

Historicaly I was looking into a Davinci Resolve, but this SW is complex and was kind of slow. In its recent incarnation though (17.x), they have announced speed-up for even notebooks, so maybe a time to look into it again.

I had been updating every 2 years, my first was PD10. I bought PD16, but when PD17 came out - I went for the 365 subscription. I always swore I would never subscribe to software (I am old and like to own it ha ha), but I have been very happy with the subscription. Although most of the add-on packs are not particularly good. I mostly appreciate their transitions and text styles. And it is a business expense anyway... 😎
Quote Suppose if i have to sync three videos with one original video so where should i place my original video?
Track 1 or can i place it on any track..
Any track will work.
It may be too late for you to use my method... I plan ahead and use an audio & visual cue (like the clapper board you see in movies).

At the beginning of the vid, using multiple cameras, I loudly clap my hands. Then I can easily line up the clap in each video. Once they are aligned I then can easily cut back and forth between them.

Is there some point in the vid with a loud enough sound to match them up?

I notice the clip/movie button seems to arbitrarily switch itself, movie seem to be the default. In one of the pull-down menus ( I forget which one, "view" or "preview" maybe) up top you can select movie or clip too if the buttons in that window aren't there or working.
Oh they crammed it up in the Preview menu. The trash can is also buried in a menu... a simple button was a bad thing? What a ridiculous couple of changes ha ha

Hey, I am just glad you pointed out where it was. Thanks.
Quote ...and I noticed that particles (flares) and transitions (credit scenes) are missing. Also, when I open the project, I receive an error...

Unfortunately that is a common problem after an update. It seems that they either move or rename some of the parts - and the program can no longer find them. You have to go through all the windows to find where it got moved (if it is still available) and put it back in place. Very frustrating, and unfortunately very common.

I made a template for my vids, and every couple upgrades I have to go through the saved template and 'fix' everything they moved.

I am so tired of the 'upgrades' I am almost to the point of cancelling my 365 subscription and go back to my paid for ver 16. There is very little I would miss...
But the pause button will still not make the scrubber go back to the beginning of the movie. Or let me select movie/clip. We used to be able to select movie or clip, now there is no selection option. From reading other threads it appears your settings at the time of the upgrade is what you have - some are on clip, some on movie. Very odd. Has to have been a mistake. Oh, even better... I just noticed that some projects 'stop' at clip, some at movie. I have not started a new project so do not know what is default, but each project is different? They really screwed the pooch on that ha ha

As for the trash can, how could they remove such a normal, and useful, button?
I just got the new upgrade and I must say my initial response is not good. First thing I noticed is the trash can button is missing. When I am making cuts on a clip there is no way to delete the unused pieces without going through a clunky menu, or getting my keyboard out. What?! Maybe I am missing something? I looked for a setting but no avail.

Also the clip/movie button is gone from the preview. Now when I click stop, it only goes back to the end of the clip. I can see no way to switch it back & forth as we used to. Again... maybe I am overlooking a setting?

There are other things missing but those are the 2 major problems so far. The clunky interface has ruined any semblance of a workflow.

I understand that there is always an adjustment period to get used to 'improvements' but these 2 were poorly thought out. Can we get a toggle to put them back?
Yes, an absolutely horrid change. When I hit 'stop' it only goes to the beginning of the clip. There is not a way, that I have found, to set it to movie. I tend to use both depending on what I am working on. This change is very clunky.

There are a number of interface changes that have made it much clunkier to use. Like when you click on an item in the timeine (say after snipping a clip) there is no trash can. I either have to go through the menu bar, or get my keyboard out to delete something. Both are bad options.
Quote Well, I just recieved a copyright notice using CyberLink approved music.

This is extremely disapointing as I heavily promote the ease of use and the clarity of this program.

I have deleted all my background music and uninstalled those components - I don't have 30 days to wait for an order to be removed, I am a small provider. We do lots of interesting stuff as you can see here http://cliq.im/youtube

But I also cannot afford to stuff around with music, so I am going to be recommending other options in the future, but largely, this puts my yearly subscription in question as i liked the music I was getting and used a piece from the latest offering that was flagged.

Cyberlink, you need to find a better solution, maybe we register our channels with Adv or we simply unsubscribe from your music offerings and then you need to post that you cannot offer safe music.

If you have 30 days to wait for a dispute, you are lucky, it takes up to 3 hours to upload a single video in Australia and I don't have time to try and try again until it works without a copyright notice.

Thanks for your brilliant program, but extremely upset I have to redo an 1hour long video vlog because your music got me off side with YouTube.

I agree completely. This is the first software I ever subscribed to, and if I cannot use it without the headache, I will not renew it. CyberLink needs to figure something out. I know YouTube is out of their control, but most of the their PowerDirector customers probably upload to YT. I came here looking to see if the music was safe to post, and am not at all pleased with what I have read. I will try it and see... but I have no patience for messing around with YT - and risking my channek. And as a subscriber of 365 - we should not have to!
I recently upgraded to PD 365. Today I was messing around with FX and found some of the New Blue effects have a huge watermark on them. There is a pop-up asking for a serial number. As far as I know I was given no NewBlue serial number upon the 365 upgrade.

There are 5 or 6 NewBlue folders in the FX section and only one of them (Essentials VI, 10 effects) has the watermark.
I use PowerDirector for all my videos, and have since MediaSuite 10 (2012?). In my YT description box I say that I use PD and have an affiliate link.

She probably does not watch my channel though... I am a retired expat from Texas, now living on a rice field in the Philippines. I do not do any makeup tutorials ha ha...
Go to: