Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Paolo,

For particles, you have this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomOqZbgYNw

Best is that you make your own particles in the part. room using a graphical soft such as Paint.net, Paint Shop, etc. or download them from CL's DirectorZone

If more questions, come back here.

Succes!

Alain II

Hi Alain II, Thanks for the reply. I have already gone through these tutorials, but these are basics. I was looking for a more in depth description of each individual setting in a particle.
I'm making a complex video showing the various stages of a Space Shuttle launch and orbit. When I create the Robotic Arm (3 pieces), which move individually, I find that correcting a setting on one arm, causes the other arm' setting to go out of sync. It could be that my PC is not fast enough.
I use Paint Shop Pro to make my graphics, but this does not seem to be the problem. I already have problems with the particles' design. It seems that if a build a particle (say 30 seconds duration) and save it, it displays with everthing out od sync, as it only save it as a 10 seconds particle. When I drag it to the timeline, the correct time displays. This means I cannot upload some particles to DZ.

Thank You for your reply. I would appreciate if you have any solutions for the above.

Ciao, Paolo
Hi everybody.

Would some knowledgeable person be able to point me to a link were I can find a detailed tutorial on how particle's elements work ie: LIFE, SPEED, MOTION etc...
I was trying to find out how to set specific life and movements to particles, on which the parameters do not change should the particle's duration need to be changed.
I was also trying to figure out why, if I add a background to a particle's template, some of the particle's parameters move out of sync.

Thank you for the help.

Paolo
Hi, I wonder if anybody has had any issues with scaling a particle?
I have been trying for hours and I cannot scale down a planet (or any other objects)
The SPREAD style works correctly, but the SCALE produce the following:
it starts by spreading, then scale down, then spread up with less spread, then scale down, then spread up just a bit, then return to scale and stays there. It does this 3 times, no matter whatever settings I choose. To make it clearer, it spring foward and back 3 times, then stops.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you
Go to: