Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Particle style "scale" issue
Paolo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2017 10:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I wonder if anybody has had any issues with scaling a particle?
I have been trying for hours and I cannot scale down a planet (or any other objects)
The SPREAD style works correctly, but the SCALE produce the following:
it starts by spreading, then scale down, then spread up with less spread, then scale down, then spread up just a bit, then return to scale and stays there. It does this 3 times, no matter whatever settings I choose. To make it clearer, it spring foward and back 3 times, then stops.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2018 06:18

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paolo123 -

That strange "scale" behaviour in Particle Designer has been there as long as I can remember. Definitely in every version since PDR12.

After it finishes expanding & contracting, it drifts off (seemingly without changing size).

I'd give up trying to change other settings to try to modify the "scale" behaviour. Sorry - I don't have any answer for you, except that everyone else has what you have.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!