Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello USMC0311,

From your DXDIAG & the attached screenshots, I'm unable to put my finger on a possible cause. Nor am I able to replicate the issue on 4 different PCs here.

Even one very aged desktop (i7-920) slugs its way through the production process. Here's an unlisted screencapture showing the 4 PCs processing videos using the Dispersion effect.

I'd be interested to know the steps you took in preparing your animation, so I can try to replicate them here. I don't know if that's a factor or not.

Have you tried producing a simple dispersion affect as a video? Does that choke too? or is it only when you use "Photo Animation"?

I also don't know whether the hardware is an issue. Your laptop's i9-9980HK compares acceptably well to the i7-11800H in mine.

PIX

================================================================================

Hello and thank you for taking the time to give me your input. I too am baffled by this issue. It used to work just fine but now the only way I can create an animation is using the GIF format.

I have tried every aspect ratio and image size. I have tried numerous images and they all have the same outcome 50% they stop The task manager shows there's "0" to "(0.1) activity on the CPU. I linked some animations I've done to this message below.

https://rumble.com/vtuewq-trippin-hard-on-the-milkyways-face.html

https://rumble.com/vd5l3z-south-padre-island-texas-sunset.html

https://rumble.com/vd5l0d-the-flaming-biker-from-hell.html

https://rumble.com/vd5ksb-ferocious-dragon.html

https://rumble.com/vd5let-asian-dragon-tamer-in-love.html

I use the straight arrows to direct the motion and the blocks to keep the desired areas still (On another note when it was working using the Mpeg-4 option I found that the animations would freeze and would not allow me to go to production when I mixed the curved arrows with the straight arrows)

I would have to clear all the work and then start over Grrr I used to use the Corel PhotoMirage software and it has some nice features but I found the Cyberlink software easier to create with but I can say that the Corel software has never froze up or crashed in 3 years.

I ended up submitting a support ticket for the Photodirector issue yesterday. I have the director suite package and use it all on a daily basis. I create music videos for some bands over in Italy mostly Melodic rock and hard rock videos under the El Puerto record Label.

Here are the links to a few of my videos. I don't do the typical music videos that everyone does I go a little off the grid and use video clips and my artwork to make it happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYY4PLKKYec&list=PLZ5S8UC3wM2sktF8GRdvD-F_4Yzo9jwcY&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYY4PLKKYec&list=PLZ5S8UC3wM2sktF8GRdvD-F_4Yzo9jwcY&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJfAy0gDW4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruy3iuiQkB4

I'll let you know if the tech support guys can figure out my issue with the animations. In the meantime, if you figure it out give me a shout boss.

Thanks again for your time.
Quote Sounds like there may be a system configuration or driver issue causing PhotoDirector to hang. Please read the instructions for generating the DxDiag test results in the Read Me Before Posting guide, then attach them to your reply so we can see the technical details of your PC.

Hello, I see you've been working with another user that has the same problem I do with the final production of my photo animations.

My program hangs at 50% progress when creating the Photo animations as an MP4 but works fine using the GIF option. I've checked the Task Manager to see if the program is working in the background but it shows 0 CPU usage and once in a while it will flash 0.01.

I ran the DXDIAG and everything checks in with "No problems found" in all sections. The additional troubleshooting steps I've taken are to try every aspect ratio and image sizer but the same thing happens. The progress stalls at 50% and never moves any further. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your time knowledge and efforts to assist me.
Quote Hmmm. The objects from the previous version(s) do not automatically show? They should.

My PD17 recognizes to customized and created titles, Particles, Strokes, Transfers from previous versions. The files are stored in the folder c:\users\<name>\Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\
Depending on the versions you have used, you may find next to the 17.0 folder also a 16.0 folder (15.0 etc.).
Apparently, PD scans all these folders and makes the objects available for use in PD17.

If your object files are somewhere else, you can always try and move them to the folder mentioned above. You have to make sure that you don't overwrite objects with the same sequence numbers. Renumbering these will do the trick.

Hope that this helps.

Warry

The outstanding reply I did see that very same folder for PDR16 above the PDR17 folder I appreciate your help
Hello

I just today swithched over to the new PDR17 ultimate and so far I am a little frustrated. I am trying to move the 900+ custom motion objects, Titles, particles objects pips and so on into the PDR17 but none of my files carry the >DZP extention? Can someone tell me how to get my PDR16 stuff to load into the proper menus selections like PIP, Particles and so on? I can only migrate them into my media editing area but the file extentions are all PNG and other.

Thank you,

Quote Oh yeah...! I'm glad to step into your shoes, because at the moment I've been looking into Vr, just to discover this much :
-VR is not VR ! production of a Vr 360° is at heart something that's out of reach of the ordinary video fan : one just doesn't have the streams require to get it working (4 at ground level, +2 above head and below).
.. sure you can get that from a special camera, only it's not VR, it's plain reality, albeit distrorted .. a kind of "fake vid"?
- Your use of photos is a nice workaround to obtain "equidistance" for good : the photo is flat, and the fish-eye distortion limited.
As I get it, 360, or now 180 degree clips set the distance of the cenbter pic and that of the edges at the same level, hardly conceivable for a photograph .. unless "virtual"

Personal stream of reasoning :
- VR as out a camera is OK only if your focus is on subjects at the distance (you can't use tracking, as the subjetct itself is constantly updated). Typically, the best clip I watched was 360° inside a plane cockpit.
- If that is so, you(re stuck with pictures for footage, and zooming or panning for effects. The best example of the technique is maybe in Windows' "idle screen" featuring a view of the Alps, which is gorgeous.
- VR based on video is inadequate for story telling : the "film director" cannot provide more than one focus in a scene ..
if you're distracted from the bride during wedding it means you're gettig bored! consequently, providing 5 "extyra screens is un realistic. Picture yourself in a TV station in front of mulktiple screens, is that what you want when watching TV?

My most sought after technique : yours, guy, only subtituting video for photos, with the attached size limit of 4k.. the quest goes on, and my support!

Hello and thank you for your response to my forum post. I am in agreement with you on the totally different appearance that the photos have as far as quiliy and panoramic limits when using them and know the limitations. My goal in my thread was to inform everyone out there using the Cyberlink products that have not used the 360 feature due to their understanding that it requires additional equipment. it by no means utilizes the full range of the complete set up to get the full benefits of VR and 360 -degree features of the Equirectangular technology but as you stated in your response it is simple and usable now and it just gives my fellow cyberlink users another tool to use. I am using very high resolution wallpaper or background photos that are a minimum of 1920×1080. And these images must have been captured in such a way that they have depth and width in the objective view. I have used the motion tracking feature with standard .mp4 videos but don't really like it much so I create my presets in the design room and then produce those clips and then combine them and produce the multi photo tours lime the ones I provided the link for. it is also a tool that yoy need to be creative with as far as how and where to deploy it. I am have great success in the real estate businesses and retail shops by creating these panoramic tours of the homes for sale and retail shops are using my tours of their stores to increase Facebook views and engagements on social media ads I create for them. The discovery has limits but I feel I have broken that barrier that gives everyone the full use of the software they purchased. I hope Cyberlink Corporation's marketing staff will start immediately testing and marketing this feature to further increase their advantage in the market place. heck I would love to receive some up grade or a new cyberlink software product for breaking that barrier. but probably won't happen but my friends out there in cyberlink world you gotta try this out it has so many applications. thanks again for your reply! 😊
Hey fellow PDR16 USERS! I have discovered anew unknown software feature in pdr16. I have been creating panoramic tours and producing them into mp4 videos. they are creating quite a stir in my business of creating Facebook ads. This unknown feature does not require a single piece of special 360 recording equipment and can be achieved with hd photos or drawings. I have several on my youtube channel now and have been using this amazing find for 3-4 months now. I spoke to several high ranking and experienced Cyberlink users, moderators and video tutorial folks and when I asked if this was possible I was told the software was not designed for that purpose and it was not possible. They all said you have to use a 360 camera to record the video or the photos and then you could use this feature. I already had accomplished this task and have it down to a science now. it is really cool and my customers put it like this. it completely changes the perspective of my photos! it's like I can step inside them and see things that I had no idea I had captured when I took my photo! anyway just thought I would let you know that everyone can use the 360 feature without having to pay for the hire dollar equipment. I make sure that the images are HD and have a deep and wide field of view and this allows me to create up to 10 or more pan and zoom settings that run all by themselves. there are only a few effects that work with this hidden treasure and it has some areas that you will need to pay attention to during your creation of the tours but it can be done so try it and let me know what you think! thanks for reading. I will post a link to my youtube channel so you can watch most of my creations that include this trick.

Https:// youtu.be/T86wgDUXJz8. This is my latest 360 ° 3d creation and it is called Redwood Studios presents "360-3D scenery and cities.

My youtube channel is UC9t5dKhtGJuAqfbTn6QecZA/videos my channel is listed as Bob R. Hope you like my work.

Good luck on your creations everyone!
Hey everyone i am having a blst creating things but i am not able to get any of my templates to upload. I have checked everything related to ISP and my network settigs and everything is configured correctly but the time remaining bounces from 1 minute remaing to 11 minutes and the down to OO:OO and then i get directorzone cannot upload your template. I have tried it in the modifification mode , right clicking on the image in the libray and selecting upload or share, i have tried it by clicking on the Globe symbol at the top lect while in the particles and the motion objects screens bt i am sitting on 10 to 15 different templates that i cannot share any suggestions for me?

Thanks
Quote USMC0311 - You need to start a new topic post as you have hijacked 3 old posts and asked the same question each time. This is against the forum rules at the top of each forum. To answer your question here would be to encourage hijacking other's post. Only then can the answer be given. You are better off buying the latest version of PD16 if you want,

Wow, that was certainly not my intention. And to accuse me of hijacking another post is rather brash so now every member of this forum will regard me as such since you have labeled me a "hijacker". I may have missed that bit of information when I read the pink colored "read me" posted at the beginning of this platform. But I think a reply along the lines of please start a new thread and please do not post your question more than once would have been more professional. I see you're a senior contributor and as an end user your reply was not very encouraging.

I will certainly refrain from such activities or attempts to reach out for advice or assistance in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It was a pleasure hearing from you today. My mistake, my apologies for being so ignorant.

USMC 0311
Quote Jain74,

You can check the bitrate using a great free program called Mediainfo Google will find a download for you.

The higher the bit rate the more demands on our system. One last thing from me is produce a test video at 1280X720 at 12-15K and see if that helps.

If it is still jerky I am at the end of my knowledge, maybe someone else can chip in with some advice.

Cheers

Robert2 S

==========================================================================

Not Exactly the same issue but I have been searching for answers and followed the bread crumbs to this thread and hope you can help. This was the postI left on Photodirector 9's forum Oops.
=============================================

Hello, USMC0311 here. New to the Forum but have owned PDR6 and was pretty much forced to upgraded to PDR9 with Wave editor due to the end of life support for PDR6 I was pretty excited and figured 3 generations/versions of software development and all the sales hype you see now that the platform wouldn't have the same problems running along side other common applications and software programs. So they recommend running it alone same issues.

Regarding the creation of slideshows with PDR9 and the many & varied templates that are available do not mean much if they are unreliable, unstable or do not function in my PDR9 I cannot get past the selection and placement of my slides whether its a few or many, with or without any of the desired transitions or effects. This due to a repeatable error in the program that crashes EVERY time I selct the "Slideshow" tab after populating my timeline with my images or titles. Very frustrating. I Ilready have a support ticket with techs at Cyberlink but unfortunetly no solutions offered, just the laundry list of requested data and images they needed to address my issues. Do you have any information or knowledge of others with this issue/ Windows 7 64 bit, 6 GB Ram, 600 Gb HDD Internal, w/External 1TB, Intel Core I5 460M prosessors, Switchable Graphics /AMD 6300 M Series Graphics card w/intel HD Graphics with updated drivers. I would really like to finish a family video/slideshow and cannot. I have made over 30 shows for numerous events and family occasions with PDR6 but I am ready to dump Cyberlink and PDR9 software unless somebody can help me with a fix or work around.

Your input or feedback along with others in this forum regarding my issues would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
USMC0311
Semper Fi

You should really start a new thread as this one is very, very, old. However, check that you have the latest patch for PD9 (Build 3305) There is a reference in the patch to slideshows. If that doesn't work try starting a new thread.

Ok thank you for your response. I will check it put.
Quote Jain74,

You can check the bitrate using a great free program called Mediainfo Google will find a download for you.

The higher the bit rate the more demands on our system. One last thing from me is produce a test video at 1280X720 at 12-15K and see if that helps.

If it is still jerky I am at the end of my knowledge, maybe someone else can chip in with some advice.

Cheers

Robert2 S

==========================================================================

Not Exactly the same issue but I have been searching for answers and followed the bread crumbs to this thread and hope you can help. This was the postI left on Photodirector 9's forum Oops.
=============================================

Hello, USMC0311 here. New to the Forum but have owned PDR6 and was pretty much forced to upgraded to PDR9 with Wave editor due to the end of life support for PDR6 I was pretty excited and figured 3 generations/versions of software development and all the sales hype you see now that the platform wouldn't have the same problems running along side other common applications and software programs. So they recommend running it alone same issues.

Regarding the creation of slideshows with PDR9 and the many & varied templates that are available do not mean much if they are unreliable, unstable or do not function in my PDR9 I cannot get past the selection and placement of my slides whether its a few or many, with or without any of the desired transitions or effects. This due to a repeatable error in the program that crashes EVERY time I selct the "Slideshow" tab after populating my timeline with my images or titles. Very frustrating. I Ilready have a support ticket with techs at Cyberlink but unfortunetly no solutions offered, just the laundry list of requested data and images they needed to address my issues. Do you have any information or knowledge of others with this issue/ Windows 7 64 bit, 6 GB Ram, 600 Gb HDD Internal, w/External 1TB, Intel Core I5 460M prosessors, Switchable Graphics /AMD 6300 M Series Graphics card w/intel HD Graphics with updated drivers. I would really like to finish a family video/slideshow and cannot. I have made over 30 shows for numerous events and family occasions with PDR6 but I am ready to dump Cyberlink and PDR9 software unless somebody can help me with a fix or work around.

Your input or feedback along with others in this forum regarding my issues would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
USMC0311
Semper Fi
Quote Based on what you've said I would expect the PD13 upgrade to install in Program Files, in the folders where the earlier versions reside. The fact that it's offering to install in Program Files (x86) suggests to me that it's the wrong version and this may have some bearing on why it's not accepting the product key.

Other than that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully one of the real experts on this forum will see this topic and offer some insights.

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you,
USMC0311
Semper Fi
Quote Hello pejaydee,

For slideshows, no, PhD is not equipped to use video. Videos can be imported for other purposes.

The slideshow options in PhD are quite limited. For your purposes, you'd be much better off using PowerDirector where you can mix photo slideshows with video & make use of many & varied templates.

PIX

============================

Thank you,
USMC0311
Semper Fi
Go to: