Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a slideshow photoDirector 9
pejaydee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2017 04:07 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible when creating a slideshow to import a mix of video's and photos or is the software not designed.
[Post New]
Hello pejaydee,

For slideshows, no, PhD is not equipped to use video. Videos can be imported for other purposes.

The slideshow options in PhD are quite limited. For your purposes, you'd be much better off using PowerDirector where you can mix photo slideshows with video & make use of many & varied templates.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
pejaydee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2017 04:07 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello pejaydee,

For slideshows, no, PhD is not equipped to use video. Videos can be imported for other purposes.

The slideshow options in PhD are quite limited. For your purposes, you'd be much better off using PowerDirector where you can mix photo slideshows with video & make use of many & varied templates.

PIX

OK I have PowerDirect12 on this computer but I tend to use Windows Movie Maker for my needs.
[Post New]
Quote Hello pejaydee,

PIX

============================
Hello, USMC0311 here. New to the Forum but have owned PDR6 and was pretty much forced to upgraded to PDR9 with Wave editor due to the end of life support for PDR6 I was pretty excited and figured 3 generations/versions of software development and all the sales hype you see now that the platform wouldn't have the same problems running along side other common applications and software programs. So they recommend running it alone same issues.

Regarding the creation of slideshows with PDR9 and the many & varied templates that are available do not mean much if they are unreliable, unstable or do not function in my PDR9 I cannot get past the selection and placement of my slides whether its a few or many, with or without any of the desired transitions or effects. This due to a repeatable error in the program that crashes EVERY time I selct the "Slideshow" tab after populating my timeline with my images or titles. Very frustrating. I Ilready have a support ticket with techs at Cyberlink but unfortunetly no solutions offered, just the laundry list of requested data and images they needed to address my issues. Do you have any information or knowledge of others with this issue/ Windows 7 64 bit, 6 GB Ram, 600 Gb HDD Internal, w/External 1TB, Intel Core I5 460M prosessors, Switchable Graphics /AMD 6300 M Series Graphics card w/intel HD Graphics with updated drivers. I would really like to finish a family video/slideshow and cannot. I have made over 30 shows for numerous events and family occasions with PDR6 but I am ready to dump Cyberlink and PDR9 software unless somebody can help me with a fix or work around.

Your input or feedback along with others in this forum regarding my issues would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
USMC0311
Semper Fi
[Thumb - Slideshow bugfullscreen.PNG]
 Filename
Slideshow bugfullscreen.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
701 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)