Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote They have provided me with Colordirector 7 so that i can use this feature in the meantime, so i guess they do acknowledge that we can't do this in CD8 and there should be a fix in the horizon hopefully.

No dates provided yet.

I figured out how to somehow mitigate this issue.
When I create green screen effect from movie then go to:
Regional adjustment tool-> Curve-> and choose left/down dot of green color and move up to maximum.
Then color replacement works and you can change backround color from green to whatever you want
Quote It's a known issue. Check this long thread:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80317.page

Ash

I can accept different way to create green screen from movie. However if features are changed proper training is required.
If this is impossible now, then there is significant regression/performance drop in color director....
Quote This was the latest reply from them after i told them that Chroma key on black doesn't work:

Thank you for the prompt reply.
With reference to your query, the Chroma Key feature of PowerDirector, supports keying the black or white color into transparent, however it would take whole video area into the keying processing. It is the current feature's design and limitation of the Chroma Key feature.
We understood that the result might not be identical to the editing after you applied the color replacement tool on the video using ColorDirector previous versions.
As earlier mention, the ColorDirector new version 8 updates the algorithm of Color Replacement tool to enhance the color replacing smoothness, and the keyframe feature support for dynamic color replacing and changing effect.
That is why the replaced result change in the new version.
Our engineering team keeps enhancing the Color Replacement feature between ColorDirector versions, and this case has been escalated for the team as feature improvement reference.
Thank you for your feeback and report.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,

Alvin
CyberLink Technical Support

The problem is that it is not improvement but software regression. I had 2 older versions of pd and CD and it worked today doesn't...
Version: 8.0.2409.0 (64bit)
Global addjustment tools: all off
Effects: all off

Regional addjustment tools:
Only on:

Tone:

• Exposure: -4.0

• Brightness: -100

• Contrast: 100

• Clarity:0

• Vibrance: 0

• Saturation: 0

Color replacement:

• Tolerance: 100

• Hue: 120

• Saturation: 100

• Lightness: 100

• New color: is white - but I select green

Shortcut key to repeat last operation. If I change option on movie then I woul like to quickly repeat operation on secend clip.
If you have movi with some color then you would like to also create text with color which is similar to oter in movies.

Please add ths feature -because we have to use additional applications.
Go to: