Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello iTony,

If you don't mind me saying, your question (?) isn't very clear.

There are various "selection tools" in different modules of PhD. e.g. under Regional Adjustment, Guided & Edit (shown below).

If you could make your question/observation more specific, members would be better able to assist.

PIX

Sorry, I meant to look for the 'Select Area Tool'... how to select a rectangular or circle or any shape from an original picture to cut or copy, to create/paste a new picture in a circle or rectangle or elliptical or any other shape
not on the left, not on the right... where is the select tool lol
Quote Hello iTony,

Tomas is quite correct. Once the background is removed it becomes transparent.

PhD has no ability to generate a simple white background, but you can import one to assemble your image.

When you save your edited photo (with background removed) it will be available in Photo Composer, where you can assemble your final image.

Here is an image guide showing the basic steps.

PIX

Thanks guys... just how to get a white base, take a picture of a white piece of paper/board, and import the image?
i'm removing some background from an image, and it generates a black background... but i need a white background. so. i think that i should first create a first layer backgound 'white' then drag my image onto it, then remove the some background i want to... seems photodirector won't let me create a white layer first... am i missing something?
Quote Hello iTony,

Generally, in PhotoDirector, you would resize (not crop) only when you export an image. After clicking Export, you can set the size under Image Sizing, in Photo Export options.

If you're working in the layers module, you can resize images imported as new photo layers by clicking on the Pick & Move tool in the top right corner.

PIX

Thanks!
Hi, how to resize (not crop) in photodirector 8 pls? And I basically want to resize a second image and place it as a second layer on top an original image. Thx!
Quote Help says to crop in photodirector8, use Tool overlay from drop down in bottom right of the photo viewer window... problem is I can't see anything like at the bottom right!!! Pls help, send me a screen shot if possible

I see those instructions but I don't use that.

Make sure you have the image being shown and then select "Adjustment" then "Manual" and then under the Histogram on the left, you will see the regional adjustment tools. The first one on the left is crop.

There you go... thanks to you and the forum!!!!!
Help says to crop in photodirector8, use Tool overlay from drop down in bottom right of the photo viewer window... problem is I can't see anything like at the bottom right!!! Pls help, send me a screen shot if possible
Go to: