Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to create a white background first layer
iTony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2017 13:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
i'm removing some background from an image, and it generates a black background... but i need a white background. so. i think that i should first create a first layer backgound 'white' then drag my image onto it, then remove the some background i want to... seems photodirector won't let me create a white layer first... am i missing something?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like a black background if you export it to PowerDirector because it is transparent. If you export it as a jpg first then it will be white when imported to PowerDirector.
[Post New]
Hello iTony,

Tomas is quite correct. Once the background is removed it becomes transparent.

PhD has no ability to generate a simple white background, but you can import one to assemble your image.

When you save your edited photo (with background removed) it will be available in Photo Composer, where you can assemble your final image.

Here is an image guide showing the basic steps.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
iTony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2017 13:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello iTony,

PhD has no ability to generate a simple white background, but you can import one to assemble your image.

When you save your edited photo (with background removed) it will be available in Photo Composer, where you can assemble your final image.

PIX

Thanks guys... just how to get a white base, take a picture of a white piece of paper/board, and import the image?
SeanF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dublin Ireland Joined: Nov 25, 2008 13:41 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello iTony,

PIX

Thanks guys... just how to get a white base, take a picture of a white piece of paper/board, and import the image?

Hi iTony

As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat, the same is true with Photodirector. The ways that tomasc , and Pix have suggested are ways to achieve what you want to achieve as is your own suggestion. There are other ways. I will offer two.

Import your photo

Click layers

Duplicate layer

Add empty layer

With empty layer selected, select rectangular shape tool. Make sure the colour selected is white. Draw the tool over the empty layer, you now have a white layer.

Place the white layer below the duplicate photo layer, the white will show in place of removed background.

Second suggestion

Open your search engine, I use Google

Type in white hd photo background hit enter

A list of web sites will open, you can use any of these to source your white background.

I prefer to click on the images tab, this will open up a large database of screenshots

If you hover your cursor over the screenshot it will give you information about size etc etc

When you have selected the one you want, right click on the image select "save picture as"

Give the file an appropriate name e.g. white background 16x9 or whatever size you have selected

Save to your preferred location

The white background is now available to use in Photodirector

I hope you will find one of these ways useful. I find that using Google you can access a vast supply of photo backgrounds.

Regards

Sean

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21. 2017 08:12

[Post New]
Quote As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat, the same is true with Photodirector. The ways that tomasc , and Pix have suggested are ways to achieve what you want to achieve as is your own suggestion. There are other ways. I will offer two.

Hello SeanF,

That's an excellent set of instructions

PIX PIX YouTube channel
SeanF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dublin Ireland Joined: Nov 25, 2008 13:41 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As the old saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat, the same is true with Photodirector. The ways that tomasc , and Pix have suggested are ways to achieve what you want to achieve as is your own suggestion. There are other ways. I will offer two.

Hello SeanF,

That's an excellent set of instructions

PIX

Thank you Pix that is indeed a compliment coming from one such as yourself, who I have learned a lot from

Regards

Sean