Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The OP added an image to a menu. I find that when an image is placed say in the root menu page of Menu Designer then fades are the default. Simply click on the image and 6 options appears in the upper left. Uncheck the box for Fades and then it will not fade when the root menu music cycle again.

JimIowa – I did not try what you wrote yet. I am not sure that I can open PiP designer from clicking an image placed in Menu designer. I will try it when I get home later.

As I mentioned unselecting the fade options and saving the menu did not resolve the issue. When I would go back in fade would still be checked. It turned out to be an issue with the object itself. I had to delete that object and readd it to be able to disable the fade.

Eventually I just got fed up with not being able to center align a text box (not the text in the box) and having to realign everything if I had to reapply the template. Instead I created the menu in TMPGEnc and burned the project there.
Got a new one to add to my frustrations with the menu design piece of PD. I added an image to the menu I am creating and it has fade in/out enabled. If I uncheck it and save, or even save and entirely new menu, it stays enabled.
Using menu designer it seems that the text boxes for chapter titles is anchored at the top left. This means that unless the text is exactly "Item #" it is improperly aligned. In the template I created I centered that text box under the chapter thumbnail but I always have to manually move the text when producing the disc. This process, by the way, is horribly slow. It always feels like my computer is overloaded when doing this step. Perhaps PowerDirector is doing additional items that prevent moving a text box from being simple and smooth? Attachments to show the issue.
I am gettting the zoomed thumbnail isse that I've seen reported on previous versions. I turned off video thumbnails as I did not want them. The zoom is very obvious because I used the actual video's title screen for each. Attached is a screen shot of the issue. This is a 4:3 video and the thumbnail looks to be 16:9 so I'm thinking that is part of the problem.
Quote Oh I see -

In that case - before applying the menu template to a new project - just select "Modify", add/change the text, save it then apply it to the new project.

So you essentially have a basic template that you slightly modify each time.

Cheers - Tony

That is what it was looking like I'd have to do and how I solved it for this project. Thanks!
Quote Hi MileHighStat -

Just click on the Insert Title button then click where you want to put it.

Cheers - Tony

That only works for setting the text in the template itself. I wanted to add the text box there but then edit the text after applying that template to a project. This way I can reuse that same template for multiple projects but change the date of the event each time.
I have created a new menu template in menu designer but do not see how to add an additional text field that can be edited when the template is applied. The "My Videos" text box can be edited. I am adding a second text field that will be chaned to the event date whenever a disc is created. I can apply the new template to a project by only the "My Videos" text box can be changed. My new text box cannot.
Go to: