Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot turn off fade for image in menu
MileHighSilat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2017 15:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Got a new one to add to my frustrations with the menu design piece of PD. I added an image to the menu I am creating and it has fade in/out enabled. If I uncheck it and save, or even save and entirely new menu, it stays enabled.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a thought that just worked for me.

• I clicked on the image and went to the PIP Designer.

• I turned on the "fade-out" and the image did indeed fade out. But "fade-out" does its work by setting opacity keyframes.

• So I went to the opacity keyframe properties under the image and right clicked on one of the two keyframes near the end of the timeline.

• Then I used the "remove all keyframes" option.

• The "fade-out" box was still checked, but the image no longer faded out.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Clickable Power Directorial Tutorial list availableHERE.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The OP added an image to a menu. I find that when an image is placed say in the root menu page of Menu Designer then fades are the default. Simply click on the image and 6 options appears in the upper left. Uncheck the box for Fades and then it will not fade when the root menu music cycle again.

JimIowa – I did not try what you wrote yet. I am not sure that I can open PiP designer from clicking an image placed in Menu designer. I will try it when I get home later.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Oops. I missed the fact that he was in the menu designer. I thought it was just an image on a track.
MileHighSilat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2017 15:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The OP added an image to a menu. I find that when an image is placed say in the root menu page of Menu Designer then fades are the default. Simply click on the image and 6 options appears in the upper left. Uncheck the box for Fades and then it will not fade when the root menu music cycle again.

JimIowa – I did not try what you wrote yet. I am not sure that I can open PiP designer from clicking an image placed in Menu designer. I will try it when I get home later.

As I mentioned unselecting the fade options and saving the menu did not resolve the issue. When I would go back in fade would still be checked. It turned out to be an issue with the object itself. I had to delete that object and readd it to be able to disable the fade.

Eventually I just got fed up with not being able to center align a text box (not the text in the box) and having to realign everything if I had to reapply the template. Instead I created the menu in TMPGEnc and burned the project there.