Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi All,

Since Cyberlink has been ignoring my support query I thought I'd ask around here. I have both PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra and 8 Ultra. I haven't used them in a while, but recently when I wanted to play two new Blu-Ray discs I encountered the following issues:

Changeling: The intro plays fine and then the screen with the different languages appears, which is the end for PowerDVD. It freezes and I have to kill it with Task Manager. There is no sound (but I don't know if there should be any at that stage)

Other Blu-Ray discs and DVDs: I get a picture, but no sound over SPDIF. It always used to work and the normal Vista sound works as normal via SPDIF. If I switch to 2 speakers (or 6) the darn thing crashes, when I then restart it I hear sound over the speakers, but not SPDIF.

I have an X-Fi Platinum sound card with Dolby Digital Live. Switching that on/off doesn't make any difference. It would be impossible to identify which programmes I've installed since it last worked, I have uninstalled it, re-installed it, updated all drivers, firmwarews, etc. but I cannot get any sound out of SPDIF. After many years of PowerDVD I'm getting very tempted to try out Arcoft's TMT as this thing is driving me bonkers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Ok the same thing just happened again. out of the blue all the start menu shortcuts disappeared. didn't even install or reinstall PowerDVD.

I sent all the info requested above, but haven't heard anything back.
Also still having the same problem. The Update didn't fix the problem.
Hi All,

Since having installed PowerDVD 8 every now and then all my Start Menu programs which are not in a folder simply get deleted (actually the shortcuts, not the programs). Rather annoying! Things like Internet Explorer, Media Player, Media Center, DVD Maker, etc. Then I slowly and painfully get them all together again and copy the shortcuts into the Start Menu folder and then next time I boot up they're all gone again.

I was looking on the web and other users seem to have the same problem. What is the solution to this? Any help appreciated.
Bought PowerDVD 8 the other day and was hoping that this issue had been fixed, but it hasnt' Every time I play a Bluray movie it goes "the color scheme has been changed to Vista Basic".

So basically, the new PowerDVD 8 only looks like Vista Aero, but can't run in Aero. Couldn't they have fixed this?
I have the 8.3.3516b version. Have had numerous issues with discs such as 3:10 to Yuma, Eastern Promises, etc. And obviously don't have Blu-Ray Profile 1.1. They should just call it "trial version", not OEM version. Never seen any company who only provides updates for Retail versions. Ah well, you're probably right and even people who have the 7.3 Retail version will get screwed with version 8.0. So let's wait and see
? I think you did something wrong there. PowerDVD 7 Deluxe is an inferior version to PowerDVD Ultra. Even your OEM version is better than PowerDVD 7 Deluxe. And the OEM Ultra version can output SPDIF fine, the only problem I have is that Cyberlink doesn't provide updates for it.
Thanks. Wow, that's a whole US$20 less.

I think Cyberlink are taking the p*** here with these "Retail Version Only" patches. What do you think would happen if Microsoft only released patches and fixes for "Retail Version Only"? This is a buggy product which produces "internal errors" and even with a measly OEM version I have a right to get a fix for it.
Hi there,

I have PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 OEM, which came with the Cyberlink Hi-Def Suite. Naturally, I'm getting screwed when it comes to updates such as the latest 3730, which I can't install with my version.

I have tried to upgrade to a Retail version but it won't let me, asking for $99 which I am obviously not going to pay.

Is there a way to upgrade from an OEM Hi-Def Suite to a Retail version, or at least only PowerDVD?

Thanks
Go to: