Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yeah... the way you worded it, one would have to join your site to get VLC.

Uhm, no thanks friend!
(No offense) There is nothing on your site that I would ever want or need... Sorry!

Join?

Nero?
I'm there dude!
Quote:
Quote: So, inform me, inform all of us - what is the reason we should buy/use PowerDVD?
In my opinion the reasons are the fear of piracy, and a strong reaction to Slysoft AnyDVD HD software. With the newest protection technologies failure the only way to contrast the backups is to make impossible to play any HD movie witout a protected disc.

Think about this laptop.
*IF* I were to update, I would have to carry several Blu-ray Discs when I travel.
Who is going to cover my Blu-ray Discs if they get damaged? No one!
If the BDs are ripped to the HDD and play from there, my investment(in the BDs *AND* Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra) makes sense.

If people cannot use PowerDVD Ultra as it was originally designed, why would they want to buy a copy/upgrade?

Cyberlink, you are shooting yourself in the foot! Repeatedly!
I can no longer recommend PowerDVD Ultra to any of the people I know/meet with Blu-ray Disc enabled computers.

Quote: Please see the link.
It's the content protection issue of Blu-ray disc/HDDVD.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2106.page

Like I said, this basic PowerDVD function is what set PowerDVD apart from WinDVD.

Since your player no longer supports playback from harddisk, you are going to lose customers - alot!
My WinDVD BD Fro VAIO will playback from the disc... it will also take commands from the remote control... you know, like Play/Pause/FFW/RW/Skip/Menu/etc...

So, inform me, inform all of us - what is the reason we should buy/use PowerDVD?

Let me get this straight...
The newest PowerDVD Ultra will not play ripped movies any more?

This thread has been here for a few days now and no Official comment on what gives?

Playback from HDD was one of the things that made PowerDVD pull away from WinDVD.

What a shame...

Go to: