Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello. I am using on-board Intel graphics from an i7-12700k with Windows 11. Have been playing back Blu-Ray movies just fine until this morning, when it asked to apply a patch. Now I get a message: "Playback stopped because your graphics card driver is incompatible. Make sure it meets the minimum requirements. You can find additional information on the CyberLink FAQ web site (code = 0012). Run the BD Advisor tool for more information."

I go to the linked page (Information button on the pop-up warning) and also click the Download button for BD Advisor. It installs and runs, and reports that the system can play Blu-rays. Restart PC, and try PowerDVD 17 again, and it fails in the same way as above. This is an older title, about 5-years old. I then apply the latest Intel graphics driver, restart, and still same error. Tried a few other BD title, and same issue.

Can I "undo" the patch that was applied this morning? Any other ideas what I might be doing wrong?
The Advisor is right, I am afraid. You see, I checked all Z170 and Z270 boards on the market to make the list. Unfortunately not all manufacturers provide detailed enough specifications. Many are missing HDMI version, leavning us uncertain if it is 1.4 or 2.0, almost everybody forgets about HDCP version and nobody actually mentions SGX among specifications.

I needed to read manuals, check related downloads and wrote questions to the manufacturers. The work is not done yet. Gigabyte support answered to me that they passed my question to a qualified technician and he should answer later. However if you have the latest BIOS and you still can't find Intel Software Guard Extensions option there, then Gaming GT is not able to play UHD BDs, I am sorry.

Does your BIOS look like this? There is no SGX option on the picture.

[url=http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/7/4/7420_50_gigabyte-z170x-ud5-th-intel-z170-motherboard-review_full.png
http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/7/4/7420_50_gigabyte-z170x-ud5-th-intel-z170-motherboard-review_full.png[/url]

My MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Live Update utility recently offered the Intel Software Guard Extensions download. It might have been when I swapped my Skylake i5 for a Kaby Lake, but not sure. Does this mean my PC would playback UHD? Guess I need to confirm HDMI 2.0.
My Arcsoft TMT 5 mysteriously stopped working with a recent windows 10 update. Same thing on multiple computers. As a result, I switched to PowerDVD 17. I have Windows 10 1703 (Creators Edition). I am in the theater mode I believe, but having serious lip sync issues when I playback Blu-Ray titles. I do have the audio output set to native, so that my receiver decodes DTS or DD. The audio path is from the computer via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver, then HDMI to my Panasonic projector. I have no issues with lip sync on any of my other playback applications like Plex, Kodi, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. I never had issues with Blu-Ray playback via ArcSoft TMT 5, nor with the freebie player Leawo Blu-ray Player. I have gone thru just about every setting related to audio, but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Go to: