Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD Advisor reports system is ok for Blu-ray playback, but PowerDVD 17 says incompatible driver!
bondisdead [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2017 17:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I am using on-board Intel graphics from an i7-12700k with Windows 11. Have been playing back Blu-Ray movies just fine until this morning, when it asked to apply a patch. Now I get a message: "Playback stopped because your graphics card driver is incompatible. Make sure it meets the minimum requirements. You can find additional information on the CyberLink FAQ web site (code = 0012). Run the BD Advisor tool for more information."

I go to the linked page (Information button on the pop-up warning) and also click the Download button for BD Advisor. It installs and runs, and reports that the system can play Blu-rays. Restart PC, and try PowerDVD 17 again, and it fails in the same way as above. This is an older title, about 5-years old. I then apply the latest Intel graphics driver, restart, and still same error. Tried a few other BD title, and same issue.

Can I "undo" the patch that was applied this morning? Any other ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I would guess that unfortunately the problem is that Powerdvd 17 doesn't have full Windows 11 support, or support for your Alder Lake CPU/GPU. Both were released well after 2017, and the last patch for version 17 is in 2019.

I assume your GPU driver got auto updated by Windows, which messed with compatibility between the GPU and PDVD.

Dave