Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What I want is, at the end of my movie for the playing clip to shrink slide revealing the background effectively creating a margin/padding along the side and bottom so I can put things such as social icons, text, etc while the clip finishes.

Currently using PD 13
Quote Been having problems with computer freezing so decided to do a full format and fresh windows 10 install. Ran all updates (as per windows update app), ran the AMD Radeon driver app (as per Cyberblink support) and now, when producing a movie, instead of freezing, my computer turns off....as if you unplugged it.

PD 15

Windows 10

Nothing in the Event viewer

Ever hear of a problem like this?
If you have the check mark to shut down the computer in Produce, it will turn off the computer.

See Image.

No, I mean like 20% into production. I've run chkdsk and MemTest and get nothing bad reported.
How about attaching a DXdiag.txt file. You could have faults that would be shown in the DXdiag.txt.

Scroll to the instruction for "Generating the DxDiag.txt File"

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50105.page

Attached DxDiag
You do have problems. First I see multiple instances of the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Video device. Unless you have three monitors attached, you have too many Video drivers active.

Second I see a couple of audio devices. I do not know if those are problems.

The worst I see is you have many Window faults showing in the bottom of the DXdiag.txt file that need to be corrected.

I would start by doing a "Clean Install of the AMD video driver. Clean means you remove all of the current driver(s) and install a fresh driver (only once).

After you get the video driver correct, then hunt down your Windows errors. You can run DXdiag.exe each time you make changes to see what shows up. You can open the DXdiag.txt file in Notepad. (Double click the .txt file).

I do have two monitors and an external mic (voiceover work on my vids).

Regarding drivers, I literally formatted my machine, installed window 10 and ran the AMD Radwon Driver thing. Are you saying that it installed the wrong drivers or something?

with the faults, is that a matter of googling each to try and find out? (Can you tell I'm not a hardcore computer geek?).

I did search for "RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64" and it said software issue...in my case PDR15 and Chkdsk maybe?

IE: Does this mean PDR has a memory leak?

+++ WER3 +++:

Fault bucket 129333487866,

type 5 Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: PDR.exe

P2: 15.0.2509.0

P3: 10.0.14393.2.0.0
The PDR radar_leak may be a false error because you also have a PDR Crash.

Radar_PRE_Leak means that the memory that the program was using was not recovered. When Programs close properly, they return all of the memory that was reserved by that program. Since PDR did not close properly, there was a Memory leak.

You can Google for the faults and see what is said on the NET, the errors happen because I suspect that your new Windows 10 install did not go correctly.

Windows 10 does updates without asking, that sometimes causes problems.

Ok thanks for your info/work. I'm still able to make 1 minute videos. Maybe I'll switch to posting to Instagram and get back to doing Photo Essays
Quote Been having problems with computer freezing so decided to do a full format and fresh windows 10 install. Ran all updates (as per windows update app), ran the AMD Radeon driver app (as per Cyberblink support) and now, when producing a movie, instead of freezing, my computer turns off....as if you unplugged it.

PD 15

Windows 10

If you have the check mark to shut down the computer in Produce, it will turn off the computer.

See Image.

No, I mean like 20% into production. I've run chkdsk and MemTest and get nothing bad reported.
How about attaching a DXdiag.txt file. You could have faults that would be shown in the DXdiag.txt.

Attached DxDiag
You do have problems. First I see multiple instances of the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Video device. Unless you have three monitors attached, you have too many Video drivers active.

Second I see a couple of audio devices. I do not know if those are problems.

The worst I see is you have many Window faults showing in the bottom of the DXdiag.txt file that need to be corrected.

I would start by doing a "Clean Install of the AMD video driver. Clean means you remove all of the current driver(s) and install a fresh driver (only once).

After you get the video driver correct, then hunt down your Windows errors. You can run DXdiag.exe each time you make changes to see what shows up. You can open the DXdiag.txt file in Notepad. (Double click the .txt file).

I do have two monitors and an external mic (voiceover work on my vids).

Regarding drivers, I literally formatted my machine, installed window 10 and ran the AMD Radwon Driver thing. Are you saying that it installed the wrong drivers or something?

with the faults, is that a matter of googling each to try and find out? (Can you tell I'm not a hardcore computer geek?).

I did search for "RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64" and it said software issue...in my case PDR15 and Chkdsk maybe?

IE: Does this mean PDR has a memory leak?

+++ WER3 +++:

Fault bucket 129333487866,

type 5 Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: PDR.exe

P2: 15.0.2509.0

P3: 10.0.14393.2.0.0

PD 15

Windows 10

See Image.

Attached DxDiag

PD 15

Windows 10

See Image.

Been having problems with computer freezing so decided to do a full format and fresh windows 10 install. Ran all updates (as per windows update app), ran the AMD Radeon driver app (as per Cyberblink support) and now, when producing a movie, instead of freezing, my computer turns off....as if you unplugged it.

PD 15

Windows 10

Quote I would try again and the next time you get this problem note at what point the freeze happens. When you've re-booted open the project again and look at what you have got at that point on the timeline, perhaps a transition or a title that you use often.

Just to be clear, were you saying this only happens if you produce to an MP4. If so, is that using a specific profile, does the default profile work OK?

Just offhand I can't think of anything else to look at but for the moment it would be a good idea for you to post your dxdiag output as that might give some clue.

I've been testing a file with no transitions nor titles (it's one clip from my action camera, nothing else added). I've tried mp4 and wmv, still freezes. My last test (2min 30 sec clip) froze at 100%
windows 10, ran the KB update as recomended, latest AMD drivers (dual monitors, if that matters).

Able to produce a movie 1 minute in length with editing

Able to product a movie 2 minutes in length cut to lenght no other editing

Freezes computer when produing a movie 2:30 in lenght cut to length no other editing

Freezes computer when producing a movie 2:50 in lenth (full length of clip, no editing)

Any thoughts and does anyone know what .DLLs are being used in producing movies? Maybe those got corruptsed?
Quote Is your computer running Windows10? It may be relevant to look at this post.

Ran that, but no change
Quote There was an update released yesterday.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015438/windows-10-update-kb4015438

I think this fixed the problem.

I think you are right! installed it on both computers, the one with the previous eroneous update and the one without. Now both play files correctly.

Anyone else experience no difference even after running the update? My computer freezes completely when trying to produce a movie. Was able to produce a short movie (1 minute long) but longer movies (7-9 minutes) get 7-23% and then freezes completely (no error, no crash).
Quote Hi Members,

There have been many reports of media based programs crashing after the install of the latest Win 10 Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4013429).

CyberLink has issued the following advice :

Users who have installed the Windows update "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4013429)" may experience CyberLink program crashes when the Windows DVD Player mobile app is installed on the same PC.

Microsoft has released a fix to resolve the issue.

Please implement the solution in the Windows update (KB4015438) released on the Microsoft website to resolve the issue here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015438/windows-10-update-kb4015438

If the CyberLink program crash condition persists, please select the option within the program to send the crash report back to CyberLink and then contact CyberLink Customer Support on:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Have you heard any feedback from people? I ran the update and I still get the computer freezing. There is no crash, no error messages and the only thing in Event Viewer is something related to CompPkgSup.DLL

Really could use a solution here. I just bought PD 15 and cannot use it.
Quote Is your computer running Windows10? It may be relevant to look at this post.

I'll look into that. Not sure why that would effect 1 project and not the other. That's what's so frustrating. If PD didn't run or always failed that would be one thing, but when it's just this project that means, I assume, something wrong within this project (something PD doesn't like), but there appears no way to find that out.
Quote If you are producing to mp4 then you can uncheck the Use fast rendering technology and see if it helps.

I will look into that. Why/how would that fail on one file but not on the others. EG: I probably rendered 30 videos with no problem over the course of last summer....why would this one fail (same basic settings for all files).

EDIT: I just looked and I already have it unchecked.
Been having the occasional issue when producing a project to say mp4 or direct to YouTube it freezes the whole computer. I then have to power down the computer because nothing works. Nothing shows in the Event Log either.

The % at which it fails with some projects was always at one spot, but with my current one it changes. 23%, then 21%, then 30% and just a few minutes ago 8%. I upgraded from 13 to 15 and tried again but same result. I've tried removing transitions, putting them back in, etc to see if that had any effect and maybe it did, but it still freezes so it clearly wasn't the solution.

I used the same video clips to create an Instagram friendly file (under 1 minute) and it produced just fine.

So, my question is, "Is there a way to test a project for errors that might cause the freezing?"

I have made a bunch of videos (produced and directly uploaded to YouTube) over the past year or two and mostly have no problem at all, but sometimes I get this freezing problem.

I could start over (make a new project, import, edit, etc), but it would be sure nice if there was some kind of diag/repair process to ascertain WHY this would happen on one project and not the others.

Is it too many transitions or too many splits in a specific file (IE: I might film for 20 minutes and cut it up into a dozen pieces), etc.
Go to: