Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have a video clip where someone speaks but the sound doesnt start until about 2 seconds later, how do i get the sound to sync with the video, i have pd 12, its just one clip i dont have a seperate sound track, i have been looking on you tube but all the tutorials seem to have a seperate sound track
Quote The crop box is keyframed. Sounds like you are setting the initial size but not the final size. By defualt you initially have two keyframes, at the start end end. Use the "Arrow Diamond" icon in the crop/zoom window to go to the last keyframe in this instance to adjust its size.

Jeff

i see, thanks for that got it working ok now
i will explain as best i can, when i want to crop a piece of video during editing i click on power tools then crop video and and shrink the box to the size and position i want then click on ok but then when the video starts to play back the size of the crop box increases in size showing bits of the scene i want to edit out any idea how i can stop this happening?
Basically i am a techno idiot, i have pd12 and have just converted some old vhs tapes to my computer but when they play back the edges are all blurry is there a way to edit the films so i can trim the edges?
Quote i have taken screen shots but dont know how to upload them as it only asks for urls

Click on the blue button marked "Attachments" at the bottom of the text input area when replying to a post.

Hi Dave

I see you are using H265 to produce - Try using H264 instead. It may make a difference.

I seem to remember that H265 wasn't fully supported until PD13.

Robert

Thanks gents it seems to be working ok now
Quote i have taken screen shots but dont know how to upload them as it only asks for urls

Click on the blue button marked "Attachments" at the bottom of the text input area when replying to a post.
Quote yes any cip i render only has a blank screen, i edited a film with no problems

So while you were editing it could you see the video in the preview screen? If not you've probably unticked the video timeline. Or did the picture only 'disappear' after rendering?

Quote dxdiag.exe

Have a read through this thread and particularly the 3rd and 4th posts. Screenshots of your edit and produce screens would help and the 4th post explains how to run the diagnostic app dxdiag. The output provides info about your system, any probs with drivers, crashes etc.

Quote no recent changes have been made to the computer

As you're running Windows10, changes are made all the time and this is beyond your control (same for me undecided) so it is worth casting your mind back and thinking when your problem first started, if you can.

Hi Dave

Longedge has already mentioned this, but I have just recreated your problem by unticking the number 1 video track on the timeline. So check that you have a tick in the little box next to the padlock on the left of your timeline.

I hope this sorts you out

Robert

I have all the right ticks in all the right places, i just used one the pre loaded films that cant be deleted (nature.wmv) with the same result when played back its just a black screen, when i click produce it shows the movie in the preview box it only disappears after rendering, i have taken screen shots but dont know how to upload them as it only asks for urls
Quote yes any cip i render only has a blank screen, i edited a film with no problems

So while you were editing it could you see the video in the preview screen? If not you've probably unticked the video timeline. Or did the picture only 'disappear' after rendering?

Quote dxdiag.exe

Have a read through this thread and particularly the 3rd and 4th posts. Screenshots of your edit and produce screens would help and the 4th post explains how to run the diagnostic app dxdiag. The output provides info about your system, any probs with drivers, crashes etc.

Quote no recent changes have been made to the computer

As you're running Windows10, changes are made all the time and this is beyond your control (same for me undecided) so it is worth casting your mind back and thinking when your problem first started, if you can.

Hi Dave

Longedge has already mentioned this, but I have just recreated your problem by unticking the number 1 video track on the timeline. So check that you have a tick in the little box next to the padlock on the left of your timeline.

I hope this sorts you out

Robert

I have all the right ticks in all the right places, i just used one the pre loaded films that cant be deleted (nature.wmv) with the same result when played back its just a black screen, when i click produce it shows the movie in the preview box it only disappears after rendering, i have taken screen shots but dont know how to upload them as it only asks for urls
Quote More information would help so, can I just clarify what you are saying. If you edit a clip that previously rendered succesfully, now the same clip when rendered (produced) results in a file with audio only and just a blank screen when you play it back?

Have you tried an alternative way to playback the file, VLC for instance?

When you are on the edit screen, do you see the video in your preview window and only find it missing after it is rendered?

What file format are you selecting when you render (produce) the video?

Does the unedited video clip play back normally?

A screenshot of your edit and produce screens might be useful together with the dxdiag.exe output from your system.

One last thought, if you know exactly when this happened it might be worth trying a system restore back to just before any recent change.

yes any cip i render only has a blank screen, i edited a film with no problems and when i tried to edit the same film again it just came up with a blank screen and audio

i played back with vlc with the same result

yes it seems ok when editing but after rendering it shows nothing

i used mp4 and then used a converter and tried the same clip in avi with the same result

the unedited clip plays normally on vlc as does the converted avi

i have no idea what dxdiag.exe is

no recent changes have been made to the computer
i have power director 12 running on windows 10, i have only recently started using it, i edited a few films and everything was ok but now every time i do any editing the produced movie comes out with a blank black screen but the audio is ok, i tried to do a movie i had previously edited and the same thing happened blank screen with audio any ideas why its doing this
Go to: