Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do i move audio track so that speech matches video
dave296 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2017 04:21 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video clip where someone speaks but the sound doesnt start until about 2 seconds later, how do i get the sound to sync with the video, i have pd 12, its just one clip i dont have a seperate sound track, i have been looking on you tube but all the tutorials seem to have a seperate sound track

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2018 17:52

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Right click on the video in the timeline and choose " Link/Unlink Video and Audio". You can now click and drag the audio timeline independantly of the video to match them up. Assuming that the discrepancy is consistent throughout the whole video then this will work for you.

This is alright as a 'one off' but does it happen often, if so then it would be worth tracking down the reason which might be more difficult.

p.s. - I have PDR15 but I'm fairly sure that this capability wasn't introduced recently.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2018 03:22

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here is something else to consider after you have separated the audio and video. You can move the audio track one frame at a time by holding down the ALT key and pressing the left or right arrow keys on the keyboard.

If the audio is out of sync uniformly, you should be able to get very close. If your frame rate is 24, each frame is 1/24 of a second; if it is 30 each frame is 1/30 of a second. So that allows you to be precise when it comes to your fine tuning of the syncronization.

--Jim

Click HERE for many tutorials about PowerDirector.