Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

Later (PC only) versions of PhotoDirector use a FaceMe engine to detect faces in photos. If you imported all your scanned photos into PhotoDirector, you can then scan all the imported photos at once for faces.

Once the scan is complete, you need to manually go through each detected face and add the names. PhotoDirector will group all of the tagged faces together, so you will only have to do this once for each detected face.

Help info here: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/photodirector/365/enu/04_02_02_tagging_faces.html

Then when you export the photos, PhotoDirector puts the inputted name for the face tag in the "People" field for the photos metadata. See the attached screenshot.

Let me know if you any more questions.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator

Great! Thank-you.
I currently have PhD 8. Considering upgrading. I think FaceMe is now a feature of PhD; correct?

If I use FaceMe to assign names to photos is there a way to have PhD automatically add the names to the keywords for those photos?... hopefully a batch process?

I have a ton of old photos to scan (no metadata) and want to be able to sort the eventual digitized collection by people name. Face recognition will be great (assuming PhD works as well as Amazon Photos) but useless to me if the names can't get to a standard IPTC or EXIF field that my dispersed family members can access. If they are only in my proprietary PhD database, then no help.

Thoughts?
GeoSetter (free) will at least allow you to populate the location name info into IPTC from GPS coordinates with one click. Probably a way to batch run this (?). Amazon Photos supports grouping/selection by coordinates (free if you have Prime).
Quote artistsrest123, Another option is to use a mkv file which supports chapters. PD supports mkv in produce, but does not support chapter creation. As such, you would need to use a 3rd party tool to add the chapters, it's rather basic though, just need the timecode for chapters. This allows one to have just a single file with chapters for a video file on your hard drive. Again, any reasonable playback utility supports mkv with chapter playback, attached is such a video file pic from VLC playback in which I've defined 3 chapters from PD created mkv file.

Jeff

I would like to try the MKV chapters... what "3rd party tool"(s) would work to add the chapters after production?
Quote VLC can be a portable media player on a USB flash drive. Just download the zip file version of VLC and put the folder on USB drive, VLC does not need to be installed on a system and can simply run right out of the USB folder just fine. One could also include a shortcut to launch VLC from the USB with command line and load video file as well if desired.

You might also consider a mkv file, you can embed chapters in that as I showed here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82940.page#post_box_341914 which VLC can use to navigate as well. PD can't do the chapters, so you have to add them with 3rd party utilities after you "Produce" the mkv file in PD.

Jeff

THANKS!...
Powerdirector 15

I have created a project (12 chapters) and have it produced (mp4) and used "Create DVD" to create the DVD menus. I have burned a DVD, but would like to be able to distribute the project to people on a flash drive. When I burned the DVD, I also saved a folder (with VideoTS files) and an image (.iso).

So the problem is, if I distribute just the produced mp4 file on a flash drive, the DVD menus and navigation are not available which would be better for people to have (given the 57minute length of the entire video and desirability to skip to pertinent chapters).

Is it possible to load a flashdrive with the DVD videoTS or iso files and also with and some kind of imbeded DVD player (for windows) that would allow the ricipients to play the MP4 with the DVD menus active without having to load the mp4 onto their computer. Or is there some other way to distribute the video with active DVD menu/chapters on other than a DVD?
Sounds great! Will try tonight... THANKS!!
Power Director 15

Power Director is all about building videos from smaller parts... My need is to divide 1-2 hour videos (converted from over 40 Hi8 tapes) into smaller pieces and to save the pieces into different files. EG want some sections of the video to be saved into a Christmas file, other sections into files for each kid, etc.

Deleteing all sections except for few sections wanted for one file and the producing would take forever!

Can someone recommend an efficient process to do this?
Thanks! for great suggestions... will save me some money for sure.

Wondering on the ebay used HPs about mother board longevity... I've had MBs crap out with age... usually capacitors failing. Don't know how old the PC is... any thoughts on life-length left with these HP-Z workstations? Would be great to get 16 cores!
Some good info in the hardware post below but didn't want to highjack...

I have built a couple HTPCs but I am new to video editing so asking for comments/suggestions for improving the build below... or maybe it's overkill?

I am NOT a video pro... just doing home video stuff but have a 31 year backlog of unedited video to work on (I may not live long enough!). Plan to buy/use Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 and Win10.

Initially will be converting a lot of Video 8 tapes to digital and editing with PD15... so pretty low resolution not needing a hefty PC. Next I have a lot of 1080p MP4 camcorder videos that need editing. Then I plan to upgrade to a higher resolution 4k camcorder and want this rig to be adequate (or at least upgradable) for that.

Budget is $1-2k but don't want to buy more than is needed.

From what I have read on this forum and elsewhere, multiple cores are key for video editing software. The video card is the most confusing part to me... which cards are better for video editing vs gaming?... I will not be gaming.

Here is what I've come up with:

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core $428.89

**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.88

**Motherboard** | [ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $219.99

**Memory** | [Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory $94.89

**Storage** | [Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $98.02

**Storage** | [Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.50

**Storage** | [Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.50

**Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card $399.98

**Case** | [Rosewill THOR V2-W ATX Full Tower Case $94.99

**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.89

**Optical Drive** | [LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer$47.00

**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $82.00

Mail-in rebates -$35.00

**Total $1669.53 Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-16 12:34 EST-0500

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2wvpr7

What would you change if it was your new PC?

Thanks!
Go to: