Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello SharkyCA,

I can confirm that PhD10, updated to build 2509, displays lens data correctly for the sample files I’ve tested from PENTAX K-70 & 645Z. I don’t have any photos shot using the HD DA 35 Macro Limited, so am unable to confirm your observation.

Could you please upload an original photo shot with that lens, either as an attachment or to a shared file site? I assume you’re using the same camera.

PIX

Yes still the same camera but a new lens, the other 2 lenses show up with no problem and was working ok,I have taken the liberty of escalating to a support ticket on this Pix.

Ticket # cs0001985545
Quote Hello SharkyCA,

The issue of lens data not being displayed correctly (i.e. at all) with some Pentax cameras has been fixed in PhD10, but not in previous versions.

I say fixed, but should say partially fixed. Lens data is displayed for .JPG & .DNG files, but not for .PEF (the ones I checked, at least).

PIX

I have been using PD 10 and my lens data (exif) has been correctly displayed until today, I updated my PD 10 yesterday and received a new lens today.

First pics no EXIF data, I had to revert to what I was doing before as per my previous posts re "EXIF TOOL" pre process.

Any suggestions the lens is Pentax HD DA 35 MACRO LIMITED.
Has this been fixed in PD above version 9?

I was thinking of upgrading to version 10.

Thank you PIX!

I looked all over for the possibility a "Pre-Process" was happening on the import and did not see it in the preferences, THAT was the problem. Solved thank you I do like the software!

Please see attached images for description.

Says I can post 3 files but only let me post 2! Hereis the last PIC RESOLVED!
Quote Hello SharkyCA,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum, even if you stay may be brief. laughing

I'm unable to replicate your display issue with either .DNG or .JPG files from the Pentax K-70. Have you installed the latest 7504 patch for PhD7?

You'll see in this screenshot how PhD7 displays Pentax K-70 photos, with preview quality set to 1:1. The display in Adobe Lightroom is equivalent.

It may possibly be a preview setting issue, as Jutuiz has suggested, though I cannot replicate the issue even with preview quality set to the default "Minimal".

PIX

Thank you PIX!

I looked all over for the possibility a "Pre-Process" was happening on the import and did not see it in the preferences, THAT was the problem. Solved thank you I do like the software!

Please see attached images for description.
Quote I have been using PD 5 for some time although I have just recently switched to PD7 on a Windows 10 laptop.

I purchased a new lens (DA 55-300mm WR) for my Pentax K-70 and the photos I was processing in PD7 did not have a good IQ (image quality) I was concerned that I had maybe got a bad lens and was going to send it back until I tried looking at the images using a competitive software (Aftershot) also the Pentax forum pointed me in the direction the images looked like they had already been processed.

I have included screen shots from both the images have had no processing done just imported to the respective programs, if Cyberlink would like to comment that would be great but at this point I think I will be changing my PP software.
I have been using PD 5 for some time although I have just recently switched to PD7 on a Windows 10 laptop.

I purchased a new lens (DA 55-300mm WR) for my Pentax K-70 and the photos I was processing in PD7 did not have a good IQ (image quality) I was concerned that I had maybe got a bad lens and was going to send it back until I tried looking at the images using a competitive software (Aftershot) also the Pentax forum pointed me in the direction the images looked like they had already been processed.

I have included screen shots from both the images have had no processing done just imported to the respective programs, if Cyberlink would like to comment that would be great but at this point I think I will be changing my PP software.
Go to: