Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 7 Image Distortions
[Post New]
I have been using PD 5 for some time although I have just recently switched to PD7 on a Windows 10 laptop.

I purchased a new lens (DA 55-300mm WR) for my Pentax K-70 and the photos I was processing in PD7 did not have a good IQ (image quality) I was concerned that I had maybe got a bad lens and was going to send it back until I tried looking at the images using a competitive software (Aftershot) also the Pentax forum pointed me in the direction the images looked like they had already been processed.

I have included screen shots from both the images have had no processing done just imported to the respective programs, if Cyberlink would like to comment that would be great but at this point I think I will be changing my PP software.
[Thumb - PhotoDirector IMG0132.JPG]
 Filename
PhotoDirector IMG0132.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
194 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - PhotoDirector IMG0101.JPG]
 Filename
PhotoDirector IMG0101.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
147 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
[Thumb - Corel AfterShot Pro 3 IMG0101.JPG]
 Filename
Corel AfterShot Pro 3 IMG0101.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
153 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote I have been using PD 5 for some time although I have just recently switched to PD7 on a Windows 10 laptop.

I purchased a new lens (DA 55-300mm WR) for my Pentax K-70 and the photos I was processing in PD7 did not have a good IQ (image quality) I was concerned that I had maybe got a bad lens and was going to send it back until I tried looking at the images using a competitive software (Aftershot) also the Pentax forum pointed me in the direction the images looked like they had already been processed.

I have included screen shots from both the images have had no processing done just imported to the respective programs, if Cyberlink would like to comment that would be great but at this point I think I will be changing my PP software.
[Thumb - Corel AfterShot Pro 3 IMG0132.JPG]
 Filename
Corel AfterShot Pro 3 IMG0132.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
216 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Jutuiz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2014 14:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I've PD9.

Imho it could be a "preview file" issue.

Probably there's in PD7 also a way to change the preview quality from minimal to standard or 1:1?
In PD9 it's under preferences / file handling.

Btw: I tried and liked Aftershot a lot, but it did not handle Fuji RAW files and kept crashing over and over.
[Post New]
Hello SharkyCA,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum, even if you stay may be brief. laughing

I'm unable to replicate your display issue with either .DNG or .JPG files from the Pentax K-70. Have you installed the latest 7504 patch for PhD7?

You'll see in this screenshot how PhD7 displays Pentax K-70 photos, with preview quality set to 1:1. The display in Adobe Lightroom is equivalent.

It may possibly be a preview setting issue, as Jutuiz has suggested, though I cannot replicate the issue even with preview quality set to the default "Minimal".

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello SharkyCA,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum, even if you stay may be brief. laughing

I'm unable to replicate your display issue with either .DNG or .JPG files from the Pentax K-70. Have you installed the latest 7504 patch for PhD7?

You'll see in this screenshot how PhD7 displays Pentax K-70 photos, with preview quality set to 1:1. The display in Adobe Lightroom is equivalent.

It may possibly be a preview setting issue, as Jutuiz has suggested, though I cannot replicate the issue even with preview quality set to the default "Minimal".

PIX

Thank you PIX!

I looked all over for the possibility a "Pre-Process" was happening on the import and did not see it in the preferences, THAT was the problem. Solved thank you I do like the software!

Please see attached images for description.
[Thumb - PD7_1.JPG]
 Filename
PD7_1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
"About section"
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - PD7_2.JPG]
 Filename
PD7_2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Preview setting
 Filesize
157 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2018 08:56

[Post New]

Thank you PIX!

I looked all over for the possibility a "Pre-Process" was happening on the import and did not see it in the preferences, THAT was the problem. Solved thank you I do like the software!

Please see attached images for description.

Says I can post 3 files but only let me post 2! Hereis the last PIC RESOLVED!
[Thumb - PD7_4.JPG]
 Filename
PD7_4.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
RESOLVED!
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello SharkyCA,

It looks like you've been able to resolve your own issue!

As you've discovered, presets and other things (tags etc) can be applied on import. Applying that Dreamland preset decreases Clarity to minimum & Luminance to maximum. surprised

If you leave that option unchecked, you won't have a problem.

PIX PIX YouTube channel