Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
O.K.

You're right. PD7 is not able to display the timecode when the DV-AVI was captured with another program.
I think too, it would be a nice feature.

But you can use the freeware DVdate (search the internet). In DVdate you can import your files and create a list with all embedded timecodes.
Print the list an now create your titles.
With DVdate you also can create an new videofile with displayed timecodes.

Knut

Hello,

I've had the same problem some weeks ago.
A big project with a lot of photos won't start and the software crashed.

After updating PowerDirector 7 with the latest patch, it works fine.

Maybe you need a patch.

Knut

Hello,

maybe I misunderstood. But if you captured a DV-AVI by PD7 and import a scene to the timeline, you can use the button "timeinfo" ("Zeitinfo" in German). Then you will be able to display the timecode (recording date and time). You can use different formats and display options.
With "OK" the timeinfo-window will be closed and then time and date will be displayed for about three seconds at the beginning of the clip.

If you need text effects or want to display it at another part of the clip, you have to use the title function: look for date and time of the clip at "timeinfo" and then create a title manually with these infos.

In PD 6 you have no option to read or insert the timecode in a DV-AVI.
But in PD 7 it works great.

Hope I could help
Knut
Hallo,

Ich hatte auch schon Asynchronitäten bei DV-Clips, die ich mit einer anderen Software von der Kamera aufgenommen und später in PD 7 importiert hatte. Ich konnte das Problem zwar nicht lösen, aber korrigieren, indem ich bei den infrage kommenden Clips Bild und Ton getrennt habe. Der Ton liegt dann gesondert in der Musik- oder Kommentarspur und war bei mir dann wieder synchron, ohne weitere Korrekturen. Ansonsten kann man natürlich nach einer Trennung von Video und Audio den Audioclip auch verschieben, bis wieder Synchronität hergestellt ist.
Sychronitätsprobleme gibt es auch bei anderen Schnittprogrammen immer mal wieder. In PD7 ist es bei mir noch nie aufgetaucht, wenn ich meine Videos auch mit PD7 von der Kamera importiert hatte.

Ansonsten sollte man auch beachten, den neuesten Patch installiert zu haben. Das kann u.U. auch helfen.

Gruß, Knut
Hallo,
das kann evtl. an schwacher CPU oder Grafikleistung liegen und tritt in der Regel auf, wenn Effekte oder Übergänge oder PiP's eingefügt werden. Bei der Vorschau muss dann alles in Echtzeit berechnet und angezeigt werden.
Für eine flüssige Vorschau kann es helfen, die Auflösung der Vorschau zu verringern, dann sollte es klappen (evtl. "niedrige Auflösung"). Für die Beurteilung der Effekte sollte das vom Eindruck her reichen. Schneiden bzw. arbeiten sollte man dann aber wieder bei normaler Auflösung.
Ich habe PowerDirector 5 und ähnliche Probleme. Das tritt aber auch bei anderen Videoprogrammen auf, habe aber auch nicht den stärksten PC.

Wenn der Clip ohne Übergänge / Effekte wiedergegeben wird, sollte aber auch bei normaler Auflösung nichts ruckeln.

Knut
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I, an I think Jeremy too, would like to have an option to display this timecode / recordingdate on the preview screen with an option to include it into the video and to edit it (fade in/out, textcolours.....)
But I don't see any possibility in PowerDirector as capturing the video as DVD-mpeg and activate the function zu burn theese dates into the file without any option to edit it after capturing.

If you capture the video as DV-AVI you don't have this feature. You can't activate the checkbox.

So,it's the only option to use such DVavi capture software which Dafydd means or you can use DV-Date to create a textfile after capturing.
In both solutions you can include the date into video by using the title-editor (writing by yourself)

Knut
You are right. But I don't mean the time, when the file was created on the computer by capturing. The information I'm looking for is the date and time, when the video was filmed by the camera.
For example: I shot some videoscenes of my daughter on september, 24th. This date is embedded in the video on your dv-tape, additionally to the timestamp (minute, second of the tape). This is the date that's interesting for me.
The date you can see among the information in PowerDirector is just the time, when I capture the video on computer, for example: september, 30th and time.

So, if I want to show my daughter's best scenes of the last three years, so it's really interessting for me, to show the real recording-time/date in the film after producing it on DVD, not the date of capturing on PC.

In PowerDirector 5 it is the only possibility to capture the tape in mpeg (DVD-file) and activate the option to embedding these information into the file. That's good. But now, the time / date is visible all the time (that's not good)

Knut
Hi Jeremy,

I know, what you mean.

But no, in PowerDirector there is no way to choose only a short time for displaying the recording dates.
You have to decide: Date is embedded all the time or never.

And I think, if you capture your video in DV-AVI, you won't have any option to make the recording date visible.

Sorry, that's what I find out.

In Pinnacle Studio, for example, the original recording date (not capturing date!) of any clip captured as DV-AVI ist displayed in the preferences of the file. So you are able to create a short title with theese informations.

In Magix VideoDeluxe you can import the date as an title automatically.

In PowerDirector (I use version 5) you act like this:

Capture the movie as DV-AVI.
Install the small programm "DV-Date" (look at google) and import the captured file.
There you can create an textfile automatically which shows the recording date and the timestamp of the camera.
Print this file and create titles in PowerDirector manually by reading it.
In DV-Date additionaly you can burn the dates into the file after capturing.

I hope I could help you.
Sorry for my bad english,

Greetings, Knut
Go to: