Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you. Sometimes I miss the obvious. I clicked everywhere except on the word "download". Now I got it.
Sorry, I am not following you. I am not finding the disk options area or any area where I can set a disk speed. I did find an area where I can set the recording speed. Is this the same and if so what would be a good speed to try?
I just tried one of the discs in a different dvd player and it works perfectly. The original player is old but it plays and navigates through other DVDs just fine. The disc worked in a player that is part of a TV/DVD combo. My new question is whether there is a setting when I burn the DVD that would make it more readable in an older player.
I added a "ball" to designate the button and still nothing shows on the TV. I have to blindly navigate between the two videos. I now have 7 discs that don't work. Still trying. Keep thinking - I appreciate your efforts.
I am using yellow on dark blue.
Thank you. I started trying the root menu because I wanted to be able to play the background music for a longer time. But I was able to use the suggestion by an earlier contributer (Thanks Tony-ynotfish) to extend the play time for the background music on the chapters menu. My only problem now is getting the highlighted text to show up on the TV playback of the DVD. The chosen or activated buttons are not showing up as such. They work on the preview but not on the finished product as I play it back on the TV. The buttons work fine but there is no highlighting to show where I am and what I am choosing. I have been surfing online and studying the manual most of the day with no luck, Any ideas?
Thanks to a lot of forum help I have successfully created and burned a DVD. My problem is that the buttons don't highlight on screen when I move to them. It seems to work in the preview but not from the DVD player on the TV. I am only using text for buttons and I have enabled text highlighting. Do I need to choose a button icon as well?
Thank you to everyone for all of your help. I am ready to start burning the DVD.
Thank you, this is a great work around. It took a few tries but it worked. I also tried adding the music to the image before I produced it in video format. I thought that should work equally well but it timed out and restarted after 15 seconds. I still think it should have worked. I may have done something wrong when I modified the menu. But I am working fine. Thank you.
It looks like the duration may only be able to be set from the root menu. I was trying to do it for the chapters menu. Is there any way to eliminate the play and scene buttons from the root menu and make them just regular buttons that link to a video? Or is there a way to lengthen the background music or the menu duration in the chapter menu?
Still working on this menu. I am now trying to add background music. The clip I am adding is 48 seconds long but when I preview the menu it always restarts after about 14 seconds. I have looked at all of the settings in the background music area and the clip plays completely when I try it. But as soon as I go to preview it in the menu I have the restarting issue. I thought the issue might be in the duration of the menu itself but it is a still menu and if it has a duration setting I am missing it. The manual talks about a disc playback mode but when I click on what I think is the playback mode I only get choices of how to have the items play. I have chosen the option that opens the menu and lets the viewer select what to play. Can you help again?
I am not using thumbnails. The menu is all text. It is a simple menu. The title is animated and there are two text buttons that are linked to videos. After the title animation is finished I can click on a text and open the first video (scene/chapter or whatever the terminology should be). When the video finishes it reverts back to the menu which starts again with the animated title. I do want it to revert back the menu but I don't want the title to animate again.
I may try saving the title animation as its own video that can be used as an opening video. Then I can take the animation out of the actual menu. I am still playing with it but appreciate any input or suggestions I can get.
I am designing a menu in the chapters area. It has an animated title and two buttons. When a button video finishes it returns to the menu and the animated title begins playing. Is there a way to prevent the title from animating everytime I return to that menu.

Thanks.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have been using the manual as I try to create a menu for my project. Either I am using the wrong terminology as I search for help, or I am looking in the wrong area of the manual or some of the things can't be done with this program. I am finding the learning curve to be quite steep. Thanks again for your response.
After years of using DVDit Pro I am struggling to convert to PowerDirector. I apologize for all of the questions. This is my first attempt with this program. I have figured out work arounds for what I want to do but a lot of questions have come up along the way.

Can I set the image that displays for thumbnail buttons? Can I set the end actions for each button? Is there a way to remove all buttons and text from the preset menus? Even the no menu options have navigational button and text that I cannot remove when I try to create menu. Is there a way to link buttons to a specific video?

I know these are a lot of questions. I have been trying to find answers in the create disc area of the manual and all of the menu editing areas. If I have asked too much can you at least direct me to an area of the manual that will help.
From the cyberlink site click on the support tab near the top of the page. Scroll to the bottom of the support page and look under knowledge base. There is an option to choose manual which will take you to a list of manuals in pdf format. I downloaded mine. It is 400 pages but I will print it, punch it and put it in a notebook. For now I am using it on my computer.
Thanks, Tony. Finding the area where I can switch menus is a help. I am trying to switch from DVDit Pro which is an older and no longer supported program and I am struggling to learn the new system. But I have just started and with help from this forum it should get easier. Thanks again.
I am trying to select a title/scene menu button type as directed on p.325 of the manual. It says to select a button type from the button type drop down menu. However that area is grayed out and can't "drop down". Even the illustration above the directions shows the area as grayed out.
Go to: