Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Designer
puzzled2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2016 20:43 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have been using the manual as I try to create a menu for my project. Either I am using the wrong terminology as I search for help, or I am looking in the wrong area of the manual or some of the things can't be done with this program. I am finding the learning curve to be quite steep. Thanks again for your response.
puzzled2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am designing a menu in the chapters area. It has an animated title and two buttons. When a button video finishes it returns to the menu and the animated title begins playing. Is there a way to prevent the title from animating everytime I return to that menu.

Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
After you select that user menu there are four checkboxes in the lower left of the screen. Is not having motion thumbnail what you want? I am not sure that the manual teaches use of animated titles per say but I use them.
puzzled2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not using thumbnails. The menu is all text. It is a simple menu. The title is animated and there are two text buttons that are linked to videos. After the title animation is finished I can click on a text and open the first video (scene/chapter or whatever the terminology should be). When the video finishes it reverts back to the menu which starts again with the animated title. I do want it to revert back the menu but I don't want the title to animate again.
I may try saving the title animation as its own video that can be used as an opening video. Then I can take the animation out of the actual menu. I am still playing with it but appreciate any input or suggestions I can get.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2016 22:41

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi puzzled2 -

Quote: I do want it to revert back the menu but I don't want the title to animate again

You're already onto the solution

Once you've set animated text in a menu page, it will animate EVERY time you return to that page. Your idea about making the animated text video as a separate file & using it as an opening video is the best way to get what you're after.

When you insert the disc you'll get:

1. Opening video

2. Menu page with text titles linked to videos

3. Play video

4. Return to menu page (with no animated title)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm not uninstalling Geforce Experience, I should not have to do that

Hello, Ericjames.

Technically(and theoretically) you should not need to uninstall GeForce experience, but I'm sure you'll have read several other posts on the Nvidia and GeForce experience saga that you'll have seen quite a few have been experiencing problems caused by GeForce. Their remedy was to uninstall tha GeForce and their problems vanished. That's the reason Jcardana made the suggestion. I see you have backed off from this post but after thinking about it, I think you'll find those who have suggested uninstalling Geforce were correct and based their suggestion on their own "experience".

Cheers!

Neil
puzzled2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still working on this menu. I am now trying to add background music. The clip I am adding is 48 seconds long but when I preview the menu it always restarts after about 14 seconds. I have looked at all of the settings in the background music area and the clip plays completely when I try it. But as soon as I go to preview it in the menu I have the restarting issue. I thought the issue might be in the duration of the menu itself but it is a still menu and if it has a duration setting I am missing it. The manual talks about a disc playback mode but when I click on what I think is the playback mode I only get choices of how to have the items play. I have chosen the option that opens the menu and lets the viewer select what to play. Can you help again?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2016 15:52

puzzled2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It looks like the duration may only be able to be set from the root menu. I was trying to do it for the chapters menu. Is there any way to eliminate the play and scene buttons from the root menu and make them just regular buttons that link to a video? Or is there a way to lengthen the background music or the menu duration in the chapter menu?
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
This link (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43900.page#226987) was referenced in another thread. Have a look at it - is this what you are looking for?

If it is, thank Tony (ynotfish) he's the one who specified the items used to address your issue.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there any way to eliminate the play and scene buttons from the root menu and make them just regular buttons that link to a video?

Hi, Puzzled2,

The Play & Scenes buttons can't be removed(as far as I'm aware) but can be renamed. Play could be renamed "Let 'Er Rip!" while Scenes could be renamed "Bits & Bobs" if you want to give your disc a more personal touch. That's about the only thing you can do(at my guess).

Cheers!

Neil
puzzled2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you to everyone for all of your help. I am ready to start burning the DVD.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi puzzled2 -

Quote: Is there any way to eliminate the play and scene buttons from the root menu and make them just regular buttons that link to a video?

The most effective way to do that is to uncheck "Include Root Menu".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
puzzled2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I started trying the root menu because I wanted to be able to play the background music for a longer time. But I was able to use the suggestion by an earlier contributer (Thanks Tony-ynotfish) to extend the play time for the background music on the chapters menu. My only problem now is getting the highlighted text to show up on the TV playback of the DVD. The chosen or activated buttons are not showing up as such. They work on the preview but not on the finished product as I play it back on the TV. The buttons work fine but there is no highlighting to show where I am and what I am choosing. I have been surfing online and studying the manual most of the day with no luck, Any ideas?
[Post New]
I also have run into problems with menu designer. Un"Include root menu" solved one of my problems. The current problem is I can't get rid of "My Video" appearing on the first screen. I set the font color to black and moved it off the screen to the upper right in both the Root Menu and Titles/Chapters Menu. It is does not show in menu designer, but does show with the same radiant color it was originally defined with.

When I had a root menu, I thought it would carry over from the root menu, but it does not. The root menu showed the edited title in place of My Videos, but the Titles menu does not change. Paul C
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 10:09

[Post New]
I rebooted my system and everything seems to working as predicted. I think that PB might be effected by hibernation mode. I have noticed changes to PB after being in hibernation.

I am good now. Paul C
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
You might want to start a new thread if you have more questions about this issue. This thread was 5 months old when you responded to it PaulC.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive