Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sonic, thanks so much, that's what I was looking for. Since I got Adobe running just fine, for now I'll stick with that program instead, but still plan to upgrade in the future, so I'll copy this info to word for that time.

Ran Cinebench on my system last night and I scored 993, so was decent.

Anyway, finally got Adobe Premier running and it works PERFECTLY, so I'll be switching. Guess it's more optimized for my workstation system. Good luck everyone, and thanks for the help.
No, I'm considering the one option which is a new motherboard and cpu, and was just clarifying that I know PD doesn't run on an iMac.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try out adobe premier online tonight and if it can run fine, then it's worth the monthly price for me. If not, I'll just edit on the free and new iMac at the library until I can afford an entirely new hp z820 or something (just have seen that recommended multiple times).
No, I said this "and using adobe premiere cc since I can also use our library Imac computers with this program." meaning I ran adobe premiere on the imacs. I also tried out final cut pro as they have that and imovie, which I didn't try.
Mobo=Motherboard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobo
Hi all, as some may know, I've been having a lot of problems with editing in pd14, and am currently working with tech support to hopefully find the problem. But I'm wondering how I can further improve my system for more speed especially when editing in hd preview, as I always editi full hd videos. I want the fastest system I can get, using what I already have for a mobo, hopefully. I've done a lot of reading and am still confused on whether or not I have enough memory, although I think I do. Anyway, here's my system specs-

• System-
    Dell Precision Workstation T7500
    Dual Intel Xeon X5570 4 core processors with hyperthreading enabled, running at 2.93 ghz, or 3.33 in turbo

• 24gb memory, 1.35V PC3L-10600 RDIMM DDR3 1333 with tons of slots left open

• AMD Radeon R9 380 GPU, brand new

• 256gb SSD

• 4tb 7200 rpm HD

• 9 total cooling fans,

• 1100 watt power supply

• Windows 10 Pro 64 b

Some of my thoughts are to add another internal ssd drive for the video files, while running the program off another ssd. I'm doing that in a day or 2, but would it benefit me to run windows 10 off one ssd, the program off another, and the files on a 3rd?
    My memory is a little slow, but to buy a new mobo and all new memory would be expensive, so trying not to do that.

I'm also thinking I might could do better for the graphics card since my main concern is editing and not gaming, but not sure. Thoughts?

Currently my software performs pretty poorly I think, considering the system I have, and I think its some small software setting, system setting, etc. I can only edit in normal preview resolution, real time right now as anything higher and my video gets really slow, and way behind the sound. But if I pause the video for one second and restart, it's back in sync, but only for about 1-2 seconds. So if the video card is the issue, I'll gladly replace it. I've probably spent 30 hours trying to make this program work right and am on the verge of selling it and using adobe premiere cc since I can also use our library Imac computers with this program. I tried editing my videos on the iMacs and it was a dream, except I have to go to the library and I want to work from home.

Hope you guys have some good suggestions.
Yeah, don't know how I keep typing that. I think originally Power DVD 15 got me off track and I'm stuck on it. But I do know it's 14.

Went to our local library and used their new Imac with 27" retina, and now know what I want when I can afford it. Nice machine.

But played with the newest Photoshop premier and final cut pro. BOTH were perfectly smooth with no issues AT ALL, with the same videos I'm trying to edit. I was AMAZED how smoothly and quickly the editing windows were. I believe my machine has the HP to do this, and hope the software does. But maybe that's why those are way more expensive.

Ran an old windows experience type test and everything tested above 8, so that showed no issues. Ran a full diagnostics through Dell and that showed nothing. Going to run a memory stress test tonight, and if that shows nothing, then it's not my hardware.

So my last ditch effort will be to PAY for tech support tomorrow, and if they can't solve it, I'm selling PD and subscribing to adobe premier. Although I think I'll go use the free version on the iMac for now.
Yes, meant PD15. And I have updated to the latest version. Quicktime is also updated.

Another thought. In watching the video of the guy editing the highly complex, multi layer video on a slower computer than mine, he seemed to be editing 4k and not having problems.

You can watch his video, which is on an adobe site at: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/maximizing-cs55-performance-with-intel-xeon-processors/editing-performance-with-intel-xeon-processors/ to see what I'm talking about. This is why I feel my system should be capable of editing without all this lagging.
I have tried that. Then the audio gets way ahead of the video because it's running so much slower.
Just watched a video of a guy with a similar, but less powerful computer editing a WAY more complex video, in real time, using Adobe and having now problems. So will try re-installing tonight, and if that doesn't work, I'm going to Adobe or Final cut. I've screwed with this for days now and can't even use the program, and I believe my system should have the horsepower to do so.
So how powerful of a system do you need to run editing in full hd preview, real time? If it's offered, someone must be able to do it?
I just bought a new video card last week. It's the AMD Radeon R9 380. Here's the specs

4GB 256-Bit GDDR5
Core Clock 990 MHz
1 x DL-DVI-D 1 x DL-DVI-I 1 x HDMI 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
1792 Stream Processors
PCI Express 3.0

I would think this would be enough of a card as it's a pretty decent card.
I even tried working on just just 10 minutes of video, and it still did this.
I should have made that clearer, sorry. The video sample is from PD15 itself. It does this when I'm editing and hit the play button.
This is my first post here. I previously had PD12 I believe it was and on my previous computer which was 5 yrs old it was struggling. So I bought PD15 and a newer computer, (details in my signature). It's used, but looked like it should be much more powerful than my previous computer.

I just recently starting shooting videos for youtube and vimeo and shoot in full 1080p hd shot with a Nikon D3300. I often have 6-15 scenes with the camera soundtrack and a separate higher quality soundtrack. This is the first time I've tried editing on the new computer and am having serious issues. For this video, I had 12 scenes, but tried working on just half of them for a total time of 30 minutes of raw video, which will be cut down greatly once I can make the program work. So far all I've done is add the videos to the timeline, and the sound. No effects added yet, although I have used color director to edit lighting and such on several clips.

My issue is when I hit play to start watching the video, WHILE editing, it plays fine for about 1-2 seconds, then the video goes into basically slow motion. (see attached sample)

I've tried turning off all programs, including Avast antivirus.

I have tried putting the video file on a separate HD from the operating system. (I run win10 off an SSD, and put the files on a 4tb 7200rpm disk) I will be installing an external USB 3.0 ssd tomorrow to run the files from. I also plan to remove, clean and re-install the whole program, unless I'm told different in here.

Here's a few more answers. Hope this is enough to get started.

7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file ??? Unknown
8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict. - Other programs on this computer include Itunes, Movies and TV, Quicktime, VLC media player, windows media player
Go to: