Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi again Dave,

Yes it does import the .TOD file from the camera's hard drive, converting it to a program stream .MPG file which PowerDirector 6 "deluxe" does edit fine.

The problem is, once finished, there is no option to output to a .TPD file (which PowerDirector 5 NE does output), JVC's version of an "edited on a PC and then recopied to the camera" transport stream file that the camera can play back on your big screen tv!

Transport and Program stream seems uncompressed, or at least looks AWSOME on the big screen through the HDMI, so I do not want to use PowerDirector6 to output to anything else than the transport stream, you know the ole rule of thumb, DO NOT COMPRESS TWICE...I want the program PowerDirector 6 "Deluxe" to do what they say it will do ( http://www.cyberlink.com/oem/jvc/pdr6_temp_2.jsp? (note the red text)), output to the JVC GZ-HD7.

Les
Quote: Hey Les,
I just read this one too.

Are you trying to import your files via the DV Camcorder capture option? If so, that probably won't work because your camcorder is a hard drive type. You need to simply use the import files option in the Media Library and browse to the connected camcorder like it is a hard drive.

Let me know if this helps or what the exact problem is so we can try and solve it.

Thanks

Dave
Hello Dave,

Yes, in my first message I stated:

Me too!

I bought the JVC GZ-HD7 wich came with PowerDirector 5 NE (for the JVC).

In your reply you say to check: http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/5/premium/camcorders.jsp which is a link to check powerdirector 5 premium, not powerdirector 6.

If you go to the link on the upgrade page (from PowerDirector 5 NE), http://www.cyberlink.com/oem/jvc/pdr6_temp_2.jsp you will see that they are indeed saying that PowerDirector 6 Deluxe (which I paid to upgrade to) does support the JVC GZ-HD7.

And yes, I've called customer support at JVC and all I get in response is the blame game and the "well, we're not really sure what's going on, if it says it will export, then it should export. Are you sure you're clicking on export?"...uh, yes, there seems to be no export function to the JVC in the program. No mention of the camcorder in the help files either.

I just spoke on the phone to a man in Germany (Cyberlink Support) and he says the program will import the .TOD files, but he seemed unsure that it would export the .TPD file (a transport stream file, the extension indicating that it is a produced/edited file, which would then be copied back to the [EXTMOV] directory on the camcorder. He says he will check with Taiwan to find out why the red-lettered JVC-HD7 bit is there on the webpage saying that it supports in and out to the camera. In PowerDirector 5 NE, when you click on PRODUCE, a window appears with an icon of the JVC HD7 and when you click on it, then it will output the .TPD file.

In PowerDirector 6 Deluxe, there is no such icon in the PRODUCE function. Either the module was not installed following the normal install procedure, or someone messed up in the programming of the install procedure, not giving the user an option to include the GZ-HD7 module?? Customer support mentioned trying to reinstall the installation with the camera connected, which I have yet to try. All this at this point is just speculation though, until I find out from Taiwan what is going on.

If you Dave, or anyone else has any further info, please, please let me know...I'm out the $89... which to be fair, they did say that Digital River GmbH would refund my money if I so chose, which did make my anger go away.

At this point I will just wait a couple days and see what happens.

Thanks for your help,
Les

Hi Les,

Question...are you saying that you bought this camcorder :

JVC-GZ-HD7

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/JVC-GZ-HD7-Camcorder-Review.htm

And, when you bought the camcorder it came with PowerDirector 5? Is this correct?

I am wondering if that is what happened, because according to their web site, PDR6 may not be compatible with the HD7. It is not listed here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/5/premium/camcorders.jsp

If this is true, I would complain to JVC for providing this software with their camcorder.

Let me know what's up

Dave

What gives?!!!

I had PowerDirector 5 NE for the JVC, and when I clicked on upgrade, it sent me to this page:

Link

...which told me that the new version PowerDirector 6 supports the JVC GZ-HD7 camera in and out to and from its hard drive, just like the PowerDirector 5 NE version did.

Well, after spending the $89 to upgrade, and a three hour download, it's installed and it DOESN'T support the camera like the above webpage insists it does!

CYBERLINK...do you read these forums?....please help me out here...anyone??

And if you're thinking I haven't contacted support, I have, and they seem really dense, like they don't know what I'm talking about in my complaint...here's a quote from their support response:

>>Regarding your issue, please note that we are unable to find your records on CyberLink online registration. We request you to please provide the more information related with your concern or are there any feature missing in the software. Please send us the information so that we can assist you further. <<

Well, all my software is registered, and I do have an online registration account, so I have no idea what he's going on about. Also my original complaint showed clearly that the PowerDirector 6 was not outputting to the JVC GZ-HD7 camera as promised!

Anyone have any insights, or can help me out?
LB

Posting edited -improved the link/url display - Dafydd
Me too!

I bought the JVC GZ-HD7 wich came with PowerDirector 5 NE (for the JVC). After using it for a while, I clicked on UPGRADE. It took me to the order page, which told me that PowerDirector 6 Deluxe supports the JVC GZ-HD7, so I spent the $89 to upgrade.

After a 3 hour download, I installed the upgrade.

I clicked on PRODUCE and ... no picture of the JVC like in the NE version. I hunted all around the documentation to find out how to output back to the HD7...no luck, no mention anywhere about the camera...

So, next step, a complaint in tech support to Cyberlink...

Here's a quote from their reply:

Regarding your issue, please note that we are unable to find your records on CyberLink online registration. We request you to please provide the more information related with your concern or are there any feature missing in the software. Please send us the information so that we can assist you further.

Firstly he says I wasn't registered and no info about my softwares. Well, why when I go to my registration page is all my software, their serial numbers and all my info there?? I also mentioned in detail the problem I was having in my original question. I thought my question/complaint was pretty clear?

Was I ripped of too?? Especially after upgrading and spending the extra money for the full blown version????

No mention back yet as to why the new version doesn't support the HD7 as promised.
Go to: