Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Quote: I am making videos with music overlaid for the audio and I keep getting slightly distorted audio in the exported files that was not present during the editing process. Any suggetions??
Usually caused by the level of the Audio file too high.

If you are editing audio in an external audio editor lower the level to peak at no more than -6 (minus six) DB. That would ensure the audio does not distort.

any suggestions about how I go about this and wave editor or audio director?
I have the full power director 14 suite including audio director and wave editor but I don't know how to go about setting a max decibel level do you have any suggestions?
Ok thanks!! I'll give it a shot!!
I am making videos with music overlaid for the audio and I keep getting slightly distorted audio in the exported files that was not present during the editing process. Any suggetions??
Quote: First, what software are you using? Second, what are your settings for this video

Ok so it is the XAC S mp4, 1080p 60 fps, 27mpbs option I used for the video which I noticed the audio distortion. This is the first time I have noticed any degraded audio quality, but perhaps it has been there before. I'm working on another project now. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the Reply.

PD14, its shot in 1080p on GoPro. Ive imported a music file from Itunes which is the only Audio for the project. I believe Im producing it as an mp4 with the 1080p 60fps 27mpbs. I cant recall the name of the option but its secod or third to the last on the production window. Ill look it up when I get home. Ive noticed at the end of the video when the music fades there is some electronic sounding noise. I think that is the distortion im hearing during the video
A project Im working on today produces with degraded audio quality that does not exist prior to production. Music sounds good during editing, however turns out poor after production. Is there an ooption to adjust audio quality?
Please allow trimming in slow motion!!!

I waited a GD year for them to add 120fps capability and they did... except you can not trim a clip in slow motion. Once a clip is in the trim window it reverts back to full speed. This makes it extremely difficult to get a clip trimmed exactly where I need it because the scrolling is sloppy and the playback is at 4 times the speed I need to see it at. In order to produce a good 1/4 speed segment, I need to be able to trim and watch in 1/4 speed

I film action clips at 120 fps in order to slow them down to 1/4 or .250 speed. I can not use this program for these projects, I have to use GoPro studio which is way ahead of PD 14 in this regard, but has severe limitations and crashes all the time. However, I can scroll back and forth with the cursor in slow motion until I find the perfect moment to start and end my clips. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in Cyber-link for this oversight. It makes the 120fps capability a superficial novelty.

And to top it off, tech support doesn't acknowledge the limitation. The reply I got was that the capability exists, however it doesn't as far as I can tell.
Im cutting a video to music and the sound quality during the editing process is terrible. The final quality is fine upon export, but during the process while Im working in the timeline it is terribble, and its even worse with headphones.

is there some way of improving the sound quality in the timeline???
Let me be clear. In order to make a video, with any level of editorial control, you've got to have the capabilities available in the "trim" tool. Simply cutting and removing are not sufficient for even basic projects with timing code restraints let alone corresponding audio. I'm just really confused

In order to have even a basic level of video editing control I need to be able to be able to

1. manipulate the "in" and "out" points of a clip fluidly

2. be able to manipulate the clip in relation to the corresponding time-code of the clip AND the movie

3. be able to do this at the final speed of the production

The functions in the trim tool aren't superfluous, they're necessary for basic editing capability. Without them your'e just you're just guessing about fit and timing, unless those things are not a concern
Tony, I think I've found the split function, but help me out. So, all I can do is cut the clip at a certain point? I cant move the beginning and end up and down separately either with the mouse or with the timing arrows? And I cant see a specific display of the clip timing? These are super basic functions during the clipping process, but I can not find them.
Sweet baby jesus, I hope the functionality I need is there. I waited a year for them to add 120fps capabilities only to come to this problem and Im beside myself. Thanks so much
So can I use the split and remove function while watching the clip in slow motion? Because my whole problem is that I need to be able to edit in slow motion. It's nearly impossible to pick a desired slow-motion sequence if you can't do it while watching the clip in slow motion. It's actually very easy I do it on go pro studio all the time it's just as easy as any other editing as long as you can trim in slow motion.
Thanks Tony! I need tk be able to trim and adjust my clips after they have been slowed down in order to get the length and timing right to go to the music. However whenever I try to trim after I have slowed my clip I get a pop up saying that says The program has to remove the effect before I can trim, and so I end up with a full speed clip which I have to them try to trim out at 4 x the speed I need.

I have a screenshot of the pop upbut dont know how to post it
So Ive been waiting and waiting for Somebody other than GoPro to add 120FPS capability so I can do slomo vids, and finally Power Director 14 supposedly added it. However after rebuying the upgraded version it seems that while they "allegedly" added the feature (the time code choices still dont show a 120 FPS option) as the representative told me to ignore the "time code conflict" message, apparently the new feature does not include the ability the edit the clip in slo motion, only the ability to slow down a clip and thats it. So for someone like me who wants to take 120 FPS footage, slow it down to 1/4 speed (30 FPS) and then trim and clip into a storyline with music, well it seems to be impossible as all I can do is slow down a clip after its trimmed, which essentially means I have to edit at 4 times the final speed of my video which. Also, it seems like it would be nearly impossible to trim and clip to the beat if you have to do this at 4 x final speed. WTF

Somebody please tell me Im missing something. That you can trim and clip in slo mo. Desperate
Go to: