Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok I got my answer for this. Seems you can use dual audio video files unless its an mp4. So I guess I'll go back to waiting till this is done.
i havent upgraded in a while and just noticed this newer subscription format. Can anyone tell me if power director finally has the ability to custom select a multiple track on a video file. So if there are 2 audio tracks for a video file I could upload the video twice, select audio track 1 for the first video and track 2 for the second video so I can adjust each audio streams? For now I've been having to split the audio tracks from the video itself and then place all 3 separate files into powerdirector but this is a v ery annoying extra step.
I have a video file with dual audio streams and I cant manage to switch between the 2 in PD14. I've done it before but now that I want to do it again I cant seem to find the option or something and the above links dont seem to work anymore. If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate some help.
Quote Hello,
OK, there are two different things I think we are talking about. So please let me know if we are on the same pages.

If you have a video file with say 5.1 audio (so 6 audio tracks), then you can import that file into AudioDirector and see all 6 tracks.

These tracks can be edited in AudioDirector and then imported back into PowerDirector. See this post for a screenshot of that:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64520.page#post_box_294149

If you have a video file that has multiple audio streams, like some discs do for languages, you can switch between the audio streams in PowerDirector. See the attached image audiostreams.jpg for a screenshot of switching between the audio streams.

Now if you have the latter, you can just import the video twice, switch the audio stream on one of them, unlink the audio and then remove the video on the second track.

The video file formats that support this are MKV and WTV I believe. It says on the spec list:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html
Please let me know if this is what you are asking, or if I missed something.

David

Can anyone help me with the above. I have a video file with dual audio streams and I cant manage to switch between the 2 in PD14. I've done it before but now that I want to do it again I cant seem to find the option or something and the above links dont seem to work anymore. If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate some help.
I think I'll ignore all updates from now on. My previous PD program did the same thing where it was perfect until I updated it.
Any feedback on the patch from everyone? The last patch broke this program program for me. Hangs so often while trying to edit a video unless I let the thing sit in there for about 10min before I start editing. Was waiting to see if this patch might fix the issue before uninstalling and going back to the working version.
I've been messing around with it for a bit and uninstalling nvidia experience seems to have fixed it. It still has a weird issue where if I launch it for the first time if crashes straight away, but works fine after that. Thanks again.
Thakns for the reply. I'll uninstall experience soon and test it over the next day or so to make sure. The crashing seems to really escalate once I get editing a video around the 20-25min mark. Especially if I click straight away after an edit. If I make it through the next 30min clip without a crash then I'll be happy with this fix.
I've only had this for about a week so I cant say if the recent patch did anything or not. The program likes to crash at times. I've started manually saving every 5-10min so I dont lose anything. It'll only crash if I ask it to do something. Like if I click on Edit after its compressed a video, cut something out of a clip, etc. Never crashes while playing though, at least not yet. These types of crashes dont happen all the time as I've mentioned. But when they do they are usually at fairly annoying times as you'd expect. Any suggestions on what to look at would be appreciated. Not sure what sort of info I have to give..

win7 64bit

8gb ram

I've installed this on a different drive, not on C. This is the Ultimate version of 14, 64bit.
Go to: