Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 14 Crashes fairly often
Vlahka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 08:02 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I've only had this for about a week so I cant say if the recent patch did anything or not. The program likes to crash at times. I've started manually saving every 5-10min so I dont lose anything. It'll only crash if I ask it to do something. Like if I click on Edit after its compressed a video, cut something out of a clip, etc. Never crashes while playing though, at least not yet. These types of crashes dont happen all the time as I've mentioned. But when they do they are usually at fairly annoying times as you'd expect. Any suggestions on what to look at would be appreciated. Not sure what sort of info I have to give..

win7 64bit

8gb ram

I've installed this on a different drive, not on C. This is the Ultimate version of 14, 64bit.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Does the following solution/post/thread resolve your issue?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/46597.page#241819

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2016 08:32

Vlahka [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thakns for the reply. I'll uninstall experience soon and test it over the next day or so to make sure. The crashing seems to really escalate once I get editing a video around the 20-25min mark. Especially if I click straight away after an edit. If I make it through the next 30min clip without a crash then I'll be happy with this fix.
Vlahka [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've been messing around with it for a bit and uninstalling nvidia experience seems to have fixed it. It still has a weird issue where if I launch it for the first time if crashes straight away, but works fine after that. Thanks again.
Roel1979 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2016 19:44 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Had the same problem and uninstalling experience solved the problem. I do also get a single crash and after it works just fine.

I did lose the Intel Quick Sync acceleration option for MPG4 when launching with my internal interal GPU - but no big deal as I am using my Nvidia GPU.
Terminal [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting a lot of random crashes, too. Are the software engineers working on this issue? It seems to occur way too often. Another one just happened moments ago while PD14 wasn't even doing anything in the background minimized, while watching a Youtube video, then boom, another "Powerdirector 14 has stopped responding." I've tried quite a few different Nvidia drivers and nothing seems to cure it.

My system specs are:

Director suite 4
Windows 10 64bit
EVGA 980TI Superclock
Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard
Intel 3960X CPU
Corsair AX1200 PSU
32Gb G.skill 2133mhz ram
2x240GB Samsung 850 Pro SSDs in RAID 0
2x120GB Corsair GT SSDs in RAID 0
2x1TB SSD in RAID 0 coming soon in the future

My system has been solid for the past 4 years and the additional 980ti for 6 months with no OS crashes or application crashes.

Powerdirector on the other hand, I've had about 100 crashes in the past two-three weeks. What's up with that?

What are the specs and drivers the developers use for a flawless experience with Power Director?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2016 20:01

Terminal [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can't access the NV Control Panel to modify my game stuff if I uninstall NV Experience.
Terminal [Avatar]
[Post New]
Running with no NV Experience. Started PD14, put a photo on the timeline, clicked fix/enhance with Photodirector 7, boom, crash. OK, cool, another crash with a different app in the suite. Here's the kicker, PD14 gets confused and gets stuck in a loop thinking PD7 is still alive waiting for it to finish. If you look at the taskmanager, PD7 is stuck in background services even though the PD7 was closed. Now I can't end the task or load PD14 again.

photo7error

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2016 22:57

GS kid
Newbie Location: Santa Barbara county, California Joined: Oct 24, 2015 22:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to be the oddball here. Rolling back my Nvidia drivers to the previous version fixed all my BSOD crashes.... but I still have my Geforce Experience installed (never removed it) and I haven't had a single crash in PD14. I've been editing my large 4K resolution projects for days now, so there's been plenty of chances for it to crash... yet it never does. I guess my laptop is special...(knocks on wood)!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2016 03:26

Sony FDR-AX100 4K UHD camcorder
Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo Microphone
Sony VCT-VPR1 Compact Remote Control Tripod
Vello VB-1000 ActionPan Stabilizing Action Grip
PowerDirector 14
Intel i7-4510u w/8GB RAM Nvidia GTX 850M w/4GB

Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I seem to be the oddball here. Rolling back my Nvidia drivers to the previous version fixed all my BSOD crashes.... but I still have my Geforce Experience installed (never removed it) and I haven't had a single crash in PD14. I've been editing my large 4K resolution projects for days now, so there's been plenty of chances for it to crash... yet it never does. I guess my laptop is special...(knocks on wood)!

Hello GS Kid,

Just some questions when seeing the photo of the Sony cam: I see you use the Vello VB-1000 ActionPan Stabilizing Action Grip. Are you happy with it? Is it really efficient? I am using a similar cam quite heavy holding in the hands with a wide angle lens on top, the mic, etc. Is the "cap" on the cam monitor efficient? What are the average prices for those accessories?

Alan II :=)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please start your own new topic for your issue. The OP's issue is the one addressed in a thread.
It's ok to comment on a thread and to offer assistance but the way the forum operates is for the OP's issue that's the question which is answered. If you have a similar problem, you start your own new topic and reference (add a link to) the post or posts similar to your issue.

Thread closed to stop further additions

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2016 09:46