Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
(starting a new thread)

A while back when I upgraded from PDVD15 to 20 I started having problems with stretching old 4:3 BD rips (Wizard of Oz, etc). Instead of stretching it would shrink the images to a smaller inset in the middle of the screen. It did it on every single 4:3 rip. I have a HTPC--> Radeon 560-->HDMI-->Sony 65X900E. I went back and forth with Cyberlink and they said they couldn't recreate the problem.

I finally found the solution last night (see attachment). I found that if I enable "Use HDR" in Windows 10 the Truetheater HDR feature in PDVD20 enables and the 4:3 stretch works properly. This might seem obvious to some but enabling Use HDR makes Windows looks terrible and my movies are not in HDR to begin with.

Since the 4:3 feature is always available in PDVD20 it never occurred to me enabling the Windows setting would be needed. Maybe I'm the only person out there who had this issue but this solution works for me.
I did some experimenting and found that its only 4:3 mkv and mp4s that wont stretch in Powerdvd 20. DVDs stretch ok.

I also found that on my Sony 65X900e over hdmi the "stretch to fit the screen" works with Powerdvd 15 (see attachment) but not 20. Powerdvd 20 stretching over hdmi shrinks the image but over DVI and displayport it stretches just fine.

Any idea what's going on? Its as though Cyberlink disabled 4:3 stretching on only hdmi on Powerdvd 20. I opened a ticket with support but they havent responded yet.
I noticed this when I upgraded from Powerdvd 18 to 20 and its been bugging me.

When I play a 4:3 video all my aspect ratio options are available (see attachments). But if I select 'stretch to fit the screen' or any of the Truetheatre aspect ratios the image reduces to a small inset in the center of the screen. The same thing happens if I view a jpg.

Is there a scaling setting in Powerdvd somewhere that is required for 4K monitors to allow these aspect ratios to work properly?

--Windows 10 PC using Radeon RX-560 through HDMI to Sony 65X900e.
Ever since I upgraded to Powerdvd 18 I stopped getting digital audio from MKVs, analog audio was ok. Oddly, MP4 digital audio played ok...and if I converted a bad MKV to an MP4 the audio returned. Its as though 18 couldn't recognize MKV digital audio streams.

Well....after weeks of fiddling I found the solution on my Windows 7-64 box:

- Under "Sound" in Windows go the Playback Tab/Properties of the active device and find the "Advanced" tab. UNCHECK the settings for Exclusive Mode (see attachment).

I did this and now all my MKVs play in digital surround in Powerdvd 18. It even fixed audio problems I was having playing mounted ISOs. So simple yet so elusive!
Go to: