Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

I have been on the search for some time now to figure out how I can do what should be incredibly simple in the world of video editing. I just want to highlight (I am trying to avoid the word spotlight, as that seems to bring up motion tracking, which I'm not really trying to do - I don't think) a specific area on the screen and shade out 'screen' the rest of it. I am sure I'm getting the terminology wrong here, so I do apologize. I create training videos and am trying to highlight a specific are of my recorded video. Let's say I want to call out a specific window of an application in my video. I've seen this in several other video applications such as Camtasia, which they refer to as a spotlight annotation. You can see this in action in this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbBprdlSNCA

Can PD really not do this?
Hello,

Is there any way that you can modify the color of elements within one of the titles downloaded from the Director zone? For example, I have downloaded the Line Flare 6 title which has a simple lense flare and line which goes across the center of the screen. The color is a bright purple, almost hot pink. I woudl simply like to darken the color of purple and don't see any way to do this. If it is not possible to modify these elements on existing titles, can someone point me to information on how one goes about building these custom titles that people are putting on the director zone?

Thanks,

Bob
I know this is likely backwards to how things 'should' be done and how most do them, but it would help me out greatly if there was a slick way to do this is PD16.

Basically, all I am wanting to do is record voice track and then come back after the fact and create a screen recording 'WHILE' that audio track is playing.

Again, I know this won't make sense to most and I'm sure the typical response is going to be...

- Record the audio while you do the screen record

- Do the video first with no audio and then come back and narate

- etc.

I am aware that I can do these things but I have some reasons for wanting to change things up a bit.

If anyone knows of a clean way to accomplish this is PD16, that would be awesome!

Thank you,

Bob
Hello,

When using the screen recording (capture) application from PowerDirector 14, I am getting some distortion in the audio that is recorded. I do not experience this distortion with any other applications, and I've tried quite a few over the past week troubleshooting this. The only capture settings I have yet to find are for selecting the mic and setting the level, but nothing for what the recorded audio format will be. Does this not exist in PD14?
So I'm going to give this one more shot since my attempt with Cyberlink support and first (previous) attempt on the forum has provided no value. Maybe I just need to ask the question differently in the hopes that someone has encountered this and has found a reasonable solution.

I have a screen capture video that was taken in one shot using the capture tool from PD 14. It is a single video which liasts roughly 5 minutes. There are about 8 places which had to be cut out / trimmed due to mistakes so I went ahead and made those cuts.

My plan was to then add pan and zoom elements to the final cut video as a whole but learned the 'Combine' feature of PD14 does nothing useful, unless you need to split a background and then combine it back together - that works dandy.

So, what is the process for handling something like this?

Can I do all of my pan and zoom stuff before the edits and then cut pieces out? Will that even work?

Is there a way to have the first key frame of clip 2 start at the exact position and size as specified by the last keyframe of clip 1 so they seemlessly transition?

I have to believe there is some way to accomplish this, right???

I did at least get a response from Cyberlink support and their solution was to produce it as a new clip and then bring that back in to the project.

I would be ok with this if there was an option to produce a selection (like many other video editors have) but I have not yet found any such functionality.

To create a new project, with an application which only allows you one running instance, to simply produce an edited clip to then only shut down that instance and open up your actual project and then bring that clip in - is beyond rediculous.

Somebody... ANYBODY, please show me that this is ALL a lack of understanding on my part and there is some functional / usable way to accomplish was should be the most basic of functionality in a video editing program.

Any information that someone from the community can provide would be GREATLY appreciated, as we all know there certainly won't be any help provided via the support channel.

Thanks,

Bob
Ok,

This topic has certainly come up a time or two and I've spent an hour or so reading over the various posts and rants from a few unhappy PD users. I am going to approach this from a lack of understanding / something I am missing approach in the hopes that there is a suitable way of handling this situation. I am trying to do what I've done in several other video editing programs and so far, to no avail.

I have a 5m video that I recorded. 4m or so of it is a keeper, but there is about a minute or so of footage that I want to remove which results in about 8 or 10 clips of video being cut out. Ultimately, I want to add some panning and zooming to the entire video and not have to do this in 10 different chunks. If this is a requirement of power director (sad), then what is the process for ensuring your key frame transitions and positioning match up from clip to clip?

In other applications you could simply make your edits, stitch it all back together and then add other elements to the single video, including panning, zooming, etc. just as you could if you had taken the perfect video in one shot with NO mistakes, but alas, I'm just not that skilled - and had to edit my video.

I keep seeing people say that "Combine" works if you are combing clips that were previously created from the same video clip, but that sure doesn't work for me. I have yet to see the "Combine" option ever be lit up in the menu (always greyed out). Is this only to combine two clips back together that have been split if NO changes of any kind have ever been made to either clip? If so, then... that is beyond stupid. PD is then simply providing a redundant CTRL+Z, which I just don't need. I'm pretty partial to that key combination, we've been friends a long time.

So, if someone can confirm for me once and for all if you can combine clips you have split back in to a single video using a "Combine" feature - that would be sweet. If you cannot do this, what is the method in PD for cutting up a video and then aplying various elements and effects to THAT edited video? If I have to go in to each clip of the original video and work with keyframes on an individual basis, then I am hugely disapointed in this application and its creators.

Thanks, all.

Bob
Go to: