Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio distortion when using screen recorder from PD14
bboursaw73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2015 15:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

When using the screen recording (capture) application from PowerDirector 14, I am getting some distortion in the audio that is recorded. I do not experience this distortion with any other applications, and I've tried quite a few over the past week troubleshooting this. The only capture settings I have yet to find are for selecting the mic and setting the level, but nothing for what the recorded audio format will be. Does this not exist in PD14?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

When using the screen recording (capture) application from PowerDirector 14, I am getting some distortion in the audio that is recorded. I do not experience this distortion with any other applications, and I've tried quite a few over the past week troubleshooting this. The only capture settings I have yet to find are for selecting the mic and setting the level, but nothing for what the recorded audio format will be. Does this not exist in PD14?

Just a stab in the dark, try turning down the audio in Windows. (Speaker Icon in the Notification area).

I sometime record audio with Audacity, you have to lower the volume slider to keep the waveform from clipping. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.