Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Modifying color of elements on titles
bboursaw73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2015 15:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Is there any way that you can modify the color of elements within one of the titles downloaded from the Director zone? For example, I have downloaded the Line Flare 6 title which has a simple lense flare and line which goes across the center of the screen. The color is a bright purple, almost hot pink. I woudl simply like to darken the color of purple and don't see any way to do this. If it is not possible to modify these elements on existing titles, can someone point me to information on how one goes about building these custom titles that people are putting on the director zone?

Thanks,

Bob
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob -

What you've found is what is there. There's nothing you're missing, I don't think.

The user who created that title template also created the particle template that was imported. Unfortunately, when you install the title template it doesn't come with a separate (modifiable) particle - just the original .png files. If you have a look in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles & locate the sub-folder containing Line Flare 6, you'll see what I mean.

I was able to modify some of the graphics by darkening & killing off the pink, but some of the colour effect is built into the particle & cannot be changed. Here's my attempt, as you can see only partially successful.

I'd suggest finding similar particle effects on DZ - modify them to suit your purposes - then import those into your own title templates.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!