Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loading a 1.5 hour project, the library will populate in about 20 seconds, the "Update Timeline Data" indicator will load until it reaches the 80% point at which time things come to a stand still. By viewing the Device Manager in win10 it indicates that file PDHanumanSvr.exe zeros out having done its job of building shadow files (as I read) and PDH.exe indicates "not responding" which should not happen.

My PD17 Ultimate version 17.0.2514.2 appears to be up to date and is running on an MSI-GT75 Titian 8RG laptop which has the only job of running PD17 for video editing. Win 10 Pro 64 ver. 17763.348, 2.90ghz Intel Core i9-8950HK, 32mb ram. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. All of this is new the past couple months.

I've seen on this site others have had similar problems and am wondering if ther is a fix out there somewhere.

( A little later ) Thank God for this forum. I looked back at a recent post and they were talking about shadow files, I dissabled it on my system and my whole project loaded in 21.63 seconds. I tried a few other projects that would not load before and they would load in a few seconds also. A couple of weeks ago I wouuld let it set for hours and maybe it might load. Where is Cyberlink on this, asleep!
Thanks guys for the detailed replys on this question, I know I will find my solution with this information you have taken your time to provide to me.
Okay, New computer, new harddrive for video files! PD 17, win 10 pro.

Have many projects on old system with PD 16.

I installed new win 10 and PD17 on new computer then moved a copy of all project files (pds) to the correct location in PD17. I then copied all my video files from my old hard drive to the new hard drive using the same file structure with the exception of the drive letter. I was unable to use the same drive letter for some reason.

My pds is looking for the old location H:/videofiles/vacation/XXXXX/
My new location for files is F:/videofiles/vacation/XXXXX/

I can open a project but it will not find the file, so I browse the disk to find the file, this takes much borwsing on a 2 hr project.

My question is, Is there a way to edit the project pds string to have it look into drive F:/ not the original location of drive H:/ for the video files.

Thanks Terry
I am not a big time user of PD, but been on and off for several years. I have a few projects I've work on for a few months. I upgraded yesterday to PD 17.02314.1
My projects are about 1.9 hrs each. They worked great in PD 16 now when they try to load them the clip window will pupulate then try to install timeline dada. It will reach to about 80% then powerdirector will quit responding. I'll wait hours until I go Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

Same on all projects???

Any ideas.

Terry / Merry Christmas
This issue has come back a few more times, not everytime, but when I change the preview resolution it will correct. Seems pd16 is not what it is cracked up to be. More work to be done.
Thanks Tony,
Up early and started my computer, pd16 etc. My project still came up with the upside down preview. Somewhere along the way I saw something about changing the preview resolution. Mine was set at, HD Preview Resolution, I changed that to another setting and everything went okay again. I tried the other four settings and everything was still okay. I put it back to the original HD Preview Resolution I was using, still okay. I do not know how long this will last, but at least I can get the kink out of my neck from turning my head over.
Thanks again, Terry
I am not a very experienced editor! I have used pd15 for a couple years, upgraded to 16 a month or so ago. This week I wanted to make an annual video which is about 3hrs at the moment. I am combining several projects into one. So today I opened my primary project to find the preview video is upside down. If I play a clip from the timeline it will be upright, if I play the same clip as a movie it is upside down. When this first started about 2 out of 3 times I opened this project it would be right, then later in the day it was happening every time. I can go to anyone of my many other projects and all is okay when they open, at least for now. Any thoughts apprecieated, and yes I have restarted the computer many times, reloaded pd16 and kissed my rabbit foot.
Thanks Terry
Thanks for the information, I'll check these out in a few days when I have time to spend all day at the computer, thanks again
I have some solar eclipse video I wish to speed up for obvious reasons. The clips are shot with a Sony HDR-XR550, 30fps. I have them in a pd15 30fps time line. If I have an 8 min clip I go to power tool speed adjustment and increase by 10X. The clips have an audio track but weither it is engaged or not the same thing happens in both the preview window or the timeline. The clip will start to play for a few seconds then will slow, stop, start, stop, wait, it will findly reach the end. My computer should have the horse power, 32gig mem. i7, 8 tb. etc.

I have not found much information about this process in pd.

thanks, terry
Thank you so much, this will save a lot of time searching out the unused clips.

Terry
Say I bring into a project 100 clips from my video files and I only use about 40 of them in my project. Is there a way that I can select all the unchecked clips that were not put onto the time line and remove them from the library in one action.
I have been reading through the forum to see if I find a conversation that might help me. I am new to PD 14 Ult and have done a couple blu ray burns. My video is a whole video with no chapters. My current issue is that my discs when played in my blu ray player will not fast forward. it says "this operation is currently prohibited for this disc". I have two players in my home and it will say the same on the screen. Is this something that is set when I burn the disc? I am just getting started to learn this program, thanks for any help

Terry
I just joined this forum a few minutes ago and I download a trial ver of PD14 a few days ago. I have some video M2TS shot with a Sony HD camera. Anyway I dropped a few clips into the program. I do have audio but it seems to drop out after about 15 sec of the clip. when it reaches the next clip on the timeline the audio will play if it is a short clip but if it is longer the audio will drop out after the 15 sec. I think my MSI GT70 gamer with win 10 has all the power I need. When I look at the properties of the clip each one seems to have a full audio track onboard. I am a little reluctant to spring for the deal without a little more insight.
Thanks
Go to: