Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 17 Stops at 80% when loading a project
Terence1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 14:55 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Loading a 1.5 hour project, the library will populate in about 20 seconds, the "Update Timeline Data" indicator will load until it reaches the 80% point at which time things come to a stand still. By viewing the Device Manager in win10 it indicates that file PDHanumanSvr.exe zeros out having done its job of building shadow files (as I read) and PDH.exe indicates "not responding" which should not happen.

My PD17 Ultimate version 17.0.2514.2 appears to be up to date and is running on an MSI-GT75 Titian 8RG laptop which has the only job of running PD17 for video editing. Win 10 Pro 64 ver. 17763.348, 2.90ghz Intel Core i9-8950HK, 32mb ram. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. All of this is new the past couple months.

I've seen on this site others have had similar problems and am wondering if ther is a fix out there somewhere.

( A little later ) Thank God for this forum. I looked back at a recent post and they were talking about shadow files, I dissabled it on my system and my whole project loaded in 21.63 seconds. I tried a few other projects that would not load before and they would load in a few seconds also. A couple of weeks ago I wouuld let it set for hours and maybe it might load. Where is Cyberlink on this, asleep!